Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2021, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And shoutout to Habitat too!!!!
Old 05-10-2021, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

I have a few younger skate rats that work under me, and they watch videos, but not those old ones. There are a bunch of girls in the new skate scene, but other than that, it’s mostly the same. Definitely gives me hope for the future.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me know what you think

Also, I hope you have a great day. Love you guys <3
I find antlers in the woods somewhat commonly in my area.

Grats on the find!!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:35 AM
Fire Giant

Late to the skateboard thread! Here's my current corner. Two evolve eskates, a YOW surfkskate which i'm trying some reverse kingpin trucks on for bowl skating, and a long ass pintail with a waterborne surfskate adapter set added.

Been riding eskates for the last 5 years or so and they're fun as shit. With double kingpin trucks you can really get your carve on with one of these. And now I live in the netherlands so there's nice smooth bike paths that go everywhere. I can go for 30+ kilometer rides without ever even stepping off the board.

Also recently got into surfskating over the last year which i'm having a blast with. There's a few brands out there but the basic concept is the same - a front truck that is designed to swivel almost freely. Makes it much easy to pump/carve your board and simulate surfing moves like cut backs and bottom turns. Also super fun in bowls/pump tracks/mini ramps. I'm 34 years old and finding myself going to skateparks on the regular for the first time in my life. Highly recommend it if you're a surfer or snowboarder looking to have some landlocked fun.

Next project is to make a tailored pool setup. Found this company in Slovakia called soulboardiy that makes a custom deck that looks pretty legit. Or an oldschool powell peralta. Carver Cx trucks and some big hard wheels.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

oh man i've never had the chance to ride an electric skateboard!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2021, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Skated a quarter pipe for the first time today. Didn't get the drop in yet, but I rolled up the ramp, then back fakie, then reverted to normal. (did that like 30 times)

Anyone else stoked on that ?
Old 05-12-2021, 08:15 PM
Banned

All your frikken bones are still in your body, you win. I grew up under the idea that the person who doesnt leave in an ambulance wins. So yeah, maybe you didnt do a big spin down 30 stairs to a nose manual or some crazy shit but that guy lost a tooth and broke his wrist in the process. Dont kill yourself. Take measures chances.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Late to the skateboard thread! Here's my current corner. Two evolve eskates, a YOW surfkskate which i'm trying some reverse kingpin trucks on for bowl skating, and a long ass pintail with a waterborne surfskate adapter set added.

Been riding eskates for the last 5 years or so and they're fun as shit. With double kingpin trucks you can really get your carve on with one of these. And now I live in the netherlands so there's nice smooth bike paths that go everywhere. I can go for 30+ kilometer rides without ever even stepping off the board.

Also recently got into surfskating over the last year which i'm having a blast with. There's a few brands out there but the basic concept is the same - a front truck that is designed to swivel almost freely. Makes it much easy to pump/carve your board and simulate surfing moves like cut backs and bottom turns. Also super fun in bowls/pump tracks/mini ramps. I'm 34 years old and finding myself going to skateparks on the regular for the first time in my life. Highly recommend it if you're a surfer or snowboarder looking to have some landlocked fun.

Next project is to make a tailored pool setup. Found this company in Slovakia called soulboardiy that makes a custom deck that looks pretty legit. Or an oldschool powell peralta. Carver Cx trucks and some big hard wheels.
That truck design is really something. Just double up the king pins and you get twice as much lean. Its like so obvious but took 40 years to come into production cause nobody ever thought of that. lol
Old 05-12-2021, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Real talk. I'm a 36 year old guy, I definitely don't snap back together the same as when I was 20. Generally when I'm cruising down sidewalks and walking paths I don't wear a helmet. But as I'm starting to skate ramps, I'm for sure going to. Not trying to be a vegetable here.