Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, new player here. I used to watch my uncle play this game from my cot!

Really excited to try out the inspiration for WoW. Is it possible to be a cute panda or some other fluffy character?

Where can I find the auction house?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2021, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you didn't get kerran berserker.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-12-2021, 08:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you didn't get kerran berserker.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Staff just needs to be announce that the first infraction for boxing is that the entire bank of both ACCOUNTS not players will be zeroed out completely with a 1 week suspension on both accounts

The second infraction is complete deletion of the account with the names being immediately available to be used by someone else (because the account is legitimately no longer existing or recoverable in any way)

Since the discussion about RMT and Boxxing has been so open lately, I expect a big fat ban wave in the near future.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff just needs to be announce that the first infraction for boxing is that the entire bank of both ACCOUNTS not players will be zeroed out completely with a 1 week suspension on both accounts

The second infraction is complete deletion of the account with the names being immediately available to be used by someone else (because the account is legitimately no longer existing or recoverable in any way)

Since the discussion about RMT and Boxxing has been so open lately, I expect a big fat ban wave in the near future.
This, but I'd add that they should make certain rules highlighted when you go to download the patch files, and similarly they should modify the in-game TOS (that you see when you start EQ) to say, in big giant capital letters at the very top:

Quote:
THE FOLLOWING WILL GET ALL ACCOUNTS YOU HAVE ACCESS TO BANNED FROM THIS SERVER:
  • PLAYING TWO ACCOUNTS AT ONCE
  • TRADING IN-GAME BENEFITS FOR OUT-OF-GAME BENEFITS
  • USING 3RD-PARTY PROGRAMS
And then just for good measure I'd also modify the in-game loading messages to include ones like "Remember: you will lose all your accounts if you play two accounts at once" and "Remember: you will lose all of your accounts if you trade for out-of-game-resources".

The point being, right now someone could legitimately start playing here and not know the rules, and a completely loss of all their accounts for doing something that was perfectly kosher on live would be a bit harsh. I think that's the logic behind the current rules.

But if the team was just very up-front about "no boxing, no RMT, no cheat hacks", then no one could feign ignorance, and a "no tolerance" policy could be fair (and indeed, preferable).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

I agree Loramin.

More than boxing, the RMT is extremely toxic because of the player behavior that supports it. Playing the game as a job ruins the game for people playing it for pleasure. There are only so many valuable camps.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread