Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Orc

Default The Memory Could not be read Error

Hey guys,

I have installed EQ Titanium and used Duxa's All in One Installer Tool. I installed EQemulator successfully. I get to the point when I Login to the game and the music starts, followed by this error message:

:: The instruction 0x02c91c6b referenced memory at 0x00000018. The memory could not be read. ::

I have searched for an answer to this and found one archived post that has not helped me as I repeated the steps suggested in it to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I would try bypassing Duxa's but I am unable to manually extract the latest patch notes to my EQ Titanium directory as the extraction blocks at 84% with 32 errors. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong here that could also help as I could try an install without using Duxa's.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am in the same boat. Get the error after trying to load the server.

Following this: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...13&postcount=3
instead of using the batch file from the other link allowed it to load.
Last edited by altona; 01-23-2014 at 08:10 PM..
Old 01-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

I have that problem when I use my Nvidia graphics card on my laptop. But when I switch to the integrated card on the same laptop, I don't have any problems. It's really strange. Just another note, the Nvidia graphics card works with all other games on my laptop but it just doesn't like P99 for some ungodly reason.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Orc

Thanks for getting back to me.

I followed each of those steps but get the exact same error. I have tried two different versions of EQ Titanium, same error on both.

My gut feeling is that I am not patching the game correctly. I am unable to extract the patch files directly to the EQ Directory, the process is blocked by 7zip at 84% with 32 errors. The only way I found of incorporating the patch files to my EQ directory was to extract them to a separate folder first, copy them and paste directly into EQ directory. I don't know if this means I have actually patched the game or not.

Alternatively, could the issue be linked to EQEmulator in any way?

I'll admit I'm at a loss as to what to do (Duxa doesn't autopatch as of October 2013 so that is not an option either). I would love to be able to return to EQ so any further help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Orc

On the graphics card issue, I am also running EQ on a laptop, it runs on Intel HD Graphics 4000 so there is no dedicated gpu. Never thought that the graphics could be an issue though.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

So It ran fine till I logged out then it crashed and it appears the problem is back. I am running on a Desktop with an NVidia card as well..
Old 01-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Orc

Sorry to hear it's not working on you again Altona.

The graphics card chat got me thinking, I rolled back my driver but that changed nothing. I also tweaked the video options for EQ itself but again nothing. I reinstalled the game for the umpteenth time and tried launching both via Duxa's and then via the manual method described above, nothing doing I am still getting the error message.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

This has been happening to me since the last patch.

If I /camp out or die, I seem to crash and get this message about 3/4 of the time.

Zoning works fine and rarely causes me to crash, unless its a zone back to my bind point after I die in which case I crash 3/4 times. Oddly enough gating to my bind doesn't crash me, only seems to happen when I die. Also /camp server and /camp desktop commands almost always seem to crash me to desktop with this memory message.

Using /camp also seems to cause me to crash about 1/2 to 3/4 times or so it seems.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 01-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Orc

Some intense googling has led me to a couple of resources that seem to suggest that 0x 0x memory error messages occur when a programme is interfering with the programme you are trying to launch (apologies if I am stating the obvious here, I for one did not know this to be the case). Some suggested hotfixes include updating graphics/sound drivers, putting antivirus softwares on silent/gaming mode or (if brave enough, not recommended) switching them off completely.

I have done the following, rolled back my graphics driver. No dice
Re-updated it. No dice
Switched off my antivirus (I was desperate at that point). No dice

Each time I have tried this, I have uninstalled EQ, restarted comp, reinstalled EQ. No dice.

Will keep plugging away but if anyone does come across a fix for this, that would save me a lot of time. Good luck to those with same problem, it's a real buzzkill.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:35 PM
Orc

My friend just installed and is having the same type of error. Gonna try and help him fix it. If we find a solution we will let ya know.