Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Aviak

Default Lost/Nerfed Item Compilation

Heya,

My real name is Troy Costisick. Many years ago I compiled a list of removed/nerfed items from the classic era of EQ1 for a different project. I've been browsing your wiki, and noticed there are a number of them from that list which don't appear to be in your database from the info on the wiki.

If you're interested in the work I did, you can download it from Scribd here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/148034342/EQC-Lost-Item-Guide

At the very least, I hope it's interesting to you, and perhaps it will help you complete your database if some of it is missing.

Peace,

-Arch
Old 01-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

The wiki isn't run by the staff. Think you could theoretically register and update it if you want.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Planar Protector

Cool list. What's missing from the Wiki?

Also, do you have any proof that some of these items existed? The RunnyEye and Befallen information seems a little wonky from what I experienced on Mithaniel Marr in 2000-2.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Last edited by maximum; 01-23-2014 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: .
Fire Giant

Nice list!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool list. What's missing from the Wiki?
Thanks! For instance, I just searched for something random like the "Goblin Eye Poker" or "Heartstone Amulet" and got no results.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Nice list, I noticed one thing I believe to be wrong. You claim the quest for BFG was removed, but I believe the quest still works, only the Seaworthy Planking ground spawn was removed from the game. If you had the Planking, you could still complete the quest afaik.

Edit Also Classic CoS was instant cast. The nerfed version had a short case time. It was the cast time (or lack there of) not the number of changes, that made that item OP.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Got this link a few months back. Would be nice to actually have the links associated with each entry. Tried finding some info and some of these items only existed after Velious. Others are already beyond the timeline the server is currently in, but should definitely be implemented at some point for any future servers.

I'm definitely interested in finding out more info about the removal of some of Inny's weapons.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got this link a few months back. Would be nice to actually have the links associated with each entry. Tried finding some info and some of these items only existed after Velious. Others are already beyond the timeline the server is currently in, but should definitely be implemented at some point for any future servers.

I'm definitely interested in finding out more info about the removal of some of Inny's weapons.
I did include the links I used at the beginning of the work. Some of those sites are gone now, unfortunately, and you can't even get to them using the Wayback Machine. There also used to be a really great blog out there that included a lot of these removed items, but sadly, it and it's archive was erased. But my sources are listed, and I did think about including a link for each item, but that would have made the thing huge! It's already 86 pages [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for Inny's weapons, Hate got a lot of revamping early on. They made a first attempt at the zone after launch, but weren't happy with it, so they changed a bunch on Inny and the Maestro. Verant never officially talked about these changes much, but I can only guess that they felt some of these items were too powerful or caused programing glitches and had to be removed or nerfed.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Some of this info is great... some is just wrong.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

From what i remember, Mosscovered twig was retroactively nerfed to secondary only