Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Camps I've run with a list have operated under one basic principle:

If you fail to maintain a presence in the zone (preferably main), you forfeit your spot on the camp. For a camp like Stormfeather, that would mean that nobody is on the list unless physically (both in zone and NOT afk) at the time that the camp is ready to be turned over.

Ie those that want to be on the list cannot be logged in elsewhere for any reason. Otherwise those willing to forfeit right to play in other capacity are hosed.

For a camp like SF that has 36hr spawn + chance to skip? Going afk to sleep or do whatever else is A-ok in my book ... as long as you are at keyboard and ready when it pops.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Banned

dald i worry about you man
Old 02-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dald i worry about you man
Old 02-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Orc

i like how he gets his answer in one sentence and proceeds to complain to a guide about it. he doesn't agree with the rule, therefore everyone must change. lol.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

I just read the OP's post, not the pages of replies that followed. All I can say is, previous to Luclin or PoK dropping on Brell Serilis no one held an AFK camp while asleep of any sort. Like, anywhere. It was common policy to stroll up to a camp and if a player was there, folks would send them a /tell and timestamp it with a screenshot. Then they would try again after time passes, etc. Then if the mob popped they would just kill it. Or if it was a camp with multiple spawns the new player to the scene would wait for full respawns and then just kill them, and claim the camp.

On a single outdoor or indoor target, if you were AFK for over an hour you can bet your boots that the new player would wait to kill it and contest you for the KS, and let the chips fall where they may if a petition happened. This is P1999 though so guides make up whatever rules they have to with this max level heavy cancerous server.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

^ if you arent killing the mob you are camping immediately after it spawns on p99 then the camp is no longer yours
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMindAmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, how long after it spawns before it's fair game? 5 seconds... 10seconds... 1 minute? What's the rule here. Just sitting there shouldn't be enough to claim a camp.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 02-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

inb4 hadden thread
Old 02-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Server GM

For the most part, a camp is yours as long as you have presence at that camp. If you die, go LD or leave the zone you can lose the camp if another player calls you on it. SF, AC, Lucan are no exceptions.

Staying awake for the duration of SF spawn is dumb and bad for your health, think about it.

Players can absolutely go AFK while camping SF, but they must engage within a reasonable amount of time. I would say 5ish minutes for this encounter. This mob is soloable so no real force is needed. With that, if Player A was camping SF, SF pops, Player A is throwing some buffs on and it takes 5 minutes and 10 seconds to do this(plus med time), I wouldn't advise Player B to attack SF, that'd be a douche move. If SF pops and Player A attacks SF and obviously kiting(delaying), then use your best judgement. But if you are going to step in and nab someone's SFs, there's always a chance you will be suspended so don't cry to me, be damn well sure you are in the right because if that kiting player is trying to slow/snare/gain mana/whatever and you use this post as an excuse to attack SF, I will come down on you hard.

Also with SF, there's no PHs or guards to keep down. It's no different than AFKing between spawns for any other camp like Ass/sup, oot AC, frenzy, ect...

Responding to a CC is not a requirement, but it's a nice thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These people also used to kite SF around for however long it took to find a buyer for loot rights.
Selling SF loot rights, this is a douche move, I will suspend you for it under PNP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They actually had staff-enforced rules on live. If someone was camping X, and wouldn't give it up after they got their desired item (ie. not after they'd farmed ten copies of it over 20 hours) the GMs would intervene and force them to give the camp up to the next person on the list.

Many people aren't aware of this because of the general good etiquette of the population back then, athe lack of neckbeards monopolizing camps, and the variance between how different GMs handled things on different servers. However if you read the guidebooks written by Verant for GMs in that era stuff like that was clearly covered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciksharn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've watched people corpse 5+ rings in one session. You can swim offshore of the island and see a pile of naked bodies just under the waterline
Corpsing AC rings, We've started handling lore camps differently lately due to the abuse. Corpsing AC rings is a douche move, get your ring and pass the torch. I haven't seen any petitions lately complaining about AC abuse, the price is dropping also which is nice. If you are a player waiting for this camp and see someone corpsing a ring, let us know, be sure, don't waste our time. SOW pots are better anyway :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENAK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Menden told me today that kiting/stalling non-raid mobs has a limit, in the range of 10 minutes or so. Another guide (Cylok? I'm bad with names) told me that someone can stall Lodi indefinitely if they'd like, so who knows I guess.

Great guy, by the way.
Delaying a kill(kiting), 5-10 minutes is fairly reasonable, it all depends on the situation. Like I said before, don't kite a mob around waiting for your raid force for more then 5-10 minutes if you get FTE, be ready to engage. And if you are watching someone else do this, be sure they are truly delaying, don't let the pixelfever get the best of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Camps I've run with a list have operated under one basic principle:

If you fail to maintain a presence in the zone (preferably main), you forfeit your spot on the camp. For a camp like Stormfeather, that would mean that nobody is on the list unless physically (both in zone and NOT afk) at the time that the camp is ready to be turned over.

Ie those that want to be on the list cannot be logged in elsewhere for any reason. Otherwise those willing to forfeit right to play in other capacity are hosed.

For a camp like SF that has 36hr spawn + chance to skip? Going afk to sleep or do whatever else is A-ok in my book ... as long as you are at keyboard and ready when it pops.
Unofficially speaking, AC camp, sure. If you are next at the list I would stay near by so the trade off can happen quickly. If the list keeper gets his spawn and leaves and you are not there, you can lose the camp. For SF, I find it dumb to have to stay in the zone for that long. But if you wish to keep your spot it's in your best interest to be there during the spawns.

The thing is, lists are really driven by the players, if you are the list keeper it's in your rights to tell people if they want on the list, they must stay in the zone.

Here's the thing folks, we want people to have fun, but there are lots of players who like to abuse what we say and what few rules we have out there. If we suspect you are lawyerquesting or being a dick, we have no issue suspending you for PNP. If you feel I'm not being fair, go speak to Llandris, Braknar or Sirken. Don't be a jerk to me, I'm really here to help you guys enjoy the game.

If you ever need help understanding how a camp in particular works, don't be afraid of posting in the petitions / exploits forums asking a question, I'm happy to work it out with you. But keep in mind, we don't have solid rules written down for specific camps because every situation is different, but we do state guidelines here and there.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5 minutes is NOT a reasonable amount of time to wait for any non raid mob in the game. You might as well ask someone trying to contest said mob to call them on the phone to ask if it's okay to kill the mob they aren't caring enough about to pay attention to.

I've waited a minute at most for everything I've killed, including SF. I have not yet been banned in this game, period.

1 single minute is all anyone needs. Camping a mob SHOULD require at least the diligence of an alarm clock. Its called preparation. Buff before the mob spawns. If you don't know the timer, then you shouldn't be truly AFK to begin with and the whole waiting nonsense is moot point (at least in my book).

If someone's holding a camp and starts buffing shortly after it spawns, kudos bro its yours. If a minute passes without a single move from the camper? Shit is fair game.
GM said 5 minutes the fair amount of time so it doesn't fucking matter what you think. Enjoy eating a ban next time you want to be a dick
Closed Thread