Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Orc

Default Will P99 ever introduce...

I know it is not classic to add these things, but is there any plan to implement some of the things that should of been added with original game such as easy binding? I have a few friends who would love to play P99, but just do not have the time to invest in things like travel or dying and having to spend an hour to get your corpse just to die again.

Personally I love the game how it is, but would love to see small changes from classic added to the game like binding or easier travel or even shared bank.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

EZServer is the place for them.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Orc

EZServer is boring lol. I want classic, with things that were over looked when making the game
Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

Nope, they'll never introduce that stuff. That's the reason why P99 is the most popular server.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 08-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Banned

EZ server or man up, those are the options
Old 08-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Large Bat

Traveling and dying are part of the classic experience. It really would not be classic without them.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EZServer is boring lol. I want classic, with things that were over looked when making the game
Oxymoron and move this to rants and flames
Old 08-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

It wasn't overlooked at the release of the game, it was specifically addressed that stuff like that wasn't included because they wanted people to depend on each other.

Shit like this ruined player interactivity over time.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

dying is part of the game, im afraid...
Old 08-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Over looked when making the game?

Im going to attempt to not flame you here...

The long travel time in classic EQ was not something Brad or anyone else who was on the original creative team of EQ overlooked. It was INTENDED. It made the game more real. And it also helped balance the classes. If you take away the importance of Wizard and Druid porting abilities by putting in Transporters all over the place, and 100 places to bind, with "soulbinders" you destroy the usefulness of half of those classes spells.

The same goes for dieing. The harsh penalty of exp loss combined with respawning at a far away bind point ( a lot of the time) was intended. It makes the game more realistic ( starting to notice a theme? ). It also helped players actually learn their class and not make silly mistakes, OR ELSE.

In both of these instances, there is an underlyng concept, or "vision" that is created. Which is what Brad was going for. COMMUNITY!! The game is harder on solo players, because it was not meant to be a solo game. Its an MMO. Die? get a rez from your cleric friend, its fast and you get nearly all of your exp loss back. Want to go to a different continent? Talk to one of the groupmates who you hung out with, maybe they can help you out with a port. A friend askes you to come tank in mistmoore? Go hang out , help them hold a camp, they will prolly arrange a pickup for ya.

I am sorry for going on about this, but these things you call small, are actually the FOUNDATION for what EQ is and is supposed to stand for.

Tell your buddy to play a necro, SK or shaman. A class that can solo half decent, and Have FD for mistakes or sow for faster running if his time is prescious.

If you want a solo game, hey diablo is still pretty nifty. If you want EQ like you are describing, reactivate and old account, and click on the nearest PoK book. If you want to die, and travel 8 continents in 15 seconds, fully geared and ready for your 100th attempt on an instanced boss, ... Umm W o W it up.

Just saying....
Closed Thread