Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Kobold

Default Raiding on P1999

I know its been discussed before but I thought maybe we can have a rational discussion on a solution to the raid drama we have on P99.

I personally support a rotation being set up, I know not all live servers had it but the one I was on did and it worked well. Not to mention that even live progression servers both have rotations set up, if they can do it on a live server with double our population and more raid capable guilds than I don't see why we cant find a reasonable way to set one up here.

Having said that, I don't deny that their might be other solutions. Post you're idea and/or thoughts on the subject here.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Banned

raiding is fine.

breaking rules is not. put in the hours, get the spoils.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Kobold

Raiding is only fine if you are in one of the two guilds here that get kills normally. If you are in one of the other guilds that cant be on 24/7 then you are limited to 1 or 2 kills every few months if you are lucky.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

I like the idea of a rotation setup just so everyone doesn't have to invest as much time with raid targets. I don't raid much these days but I am an avid forum reader, and I remember reading some people post a while back they didn't enjoy tracking raid mobs as much as they do, it's just a necessity. Why not set up a rotation and remove an inconvenient step to raiding?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Rotation is fine on p99 until it's Divinity's turn to get in on it.

More at eleven.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Jinsho, it was probably a bad idea to post this; case in point, Hasbinbad has already started replying.

Also since this has been beaten to death (and for the record I support some kind of weighted rotation), I'll just derail this a little and comment on something that could help make the raid scene more bearable: consistent patch day repops. If a content related patch occurs and the server has to be brought down, I think that all raid mobs should spawn at once and all timers should be reset. This seems to happen for about 1/2 of all such patches, but I think it should be for all of them, just to be consistent with classic. I'm also against having the slight variance on mobs once the server comes back up but if you at least make patch day repops consistent then no guild is going to waste their time waiting for a mob to spawn that never does.

Not to complain - the hole just opened and the devs are doing an excellent job, I'm just suggesting something.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

More at eleven.
Fyi, Divinity is by far the best guild on p99. A guild that doesn't cheat, no drama, and solid players.. Unlike tmo/TR which are a bunch of whining kids, and cry over loot LOL, it's a game children, maybe if you got paid to play it'd be a different story, but you don't... So suck it up and accept divinity owns you all..

Cry more over loot noobs
Old 09-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

solution: red box

til then, it will be whatever band of basement kids stare at the wall longer
Old 09-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Kobold

First, my opinion does not represent all of Divinity nor is this thread about Divinity.

Second, it says something about our community if 2 live progression servers can come to a raid agreement between their raiding guilds. But this server, one that is half the size in population and has fewer guilds cannot come to an agreement.

Also, I was not saying that a rotation is the only solution. If someone has a better idea that promotes fairness please let it be heard.
Last edited by anthony210; 09-11-2011 at 12:08 PM..
Old 09-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

More at eleven.
Your trolling Giegue skill has went down, he would have replied anyways without the Divinity shot.
Closed Thread