Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Large Bat

Default Game Minimizes Randomly

I just installed the client recently and every so often the the game will close and minimize. It only happens when I go to click in the game. Camping out has fixed it, but the issue still persists.

As of right now, the client is unplayable for me.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Aviak

I'm having a similar thing happen to me too, but I think I might know why...

When I move my cursor to the far left side of the screen, the cursor changes shape back into the the windows cursor from the stylized EQ interface cursor. Then, if I click in this area of the screen, I'm always sent back to the desktop.

What i did notice is that I have my Windows taskbar on the left hand side of the screen (running vertically), the area taken up by the the taskbar also coincidentally?? is the same area on my EQ interface that when clicked sends me back to the desktop.

I'm trying to figure out if I can solve the issue by placing the taskbar into a different spot or by using the auto-hide function to try and keep it from causing me to jump back to the desktop.

It's not a game-breaking problem, because I can use the full screen button (Alt + Enter doesn't work) in the EQ Options screen to get back to full screen, and I habitually avoid that spot...or just play in windowed mode.

BTW I'm running an Intel based laptop with Windows 7 - this didn't use to happen on the same computer on an earlier Windows XP installation.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

I usually go to video modes and just click ok...fixes it for me.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 09-18-2011, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

I had the same problem on both my laptop and desktop. I would log on click and it would minimize. Once I clicked back on everquest it would be in windowed mode. To solve it I would go to options in game. Click resolution and set it to the same resolution as my desktop. Even though in game everquest said I was running at 1920x1200 which is the same as my desktop resolution I would click on it again and hit apply. Once I applied the resolution again instead of hitting alt enter to make it full screen. I would hit options in game and click full screen, and those two simple steps has solved that problem for me on both my computers. So in other words when you log in set your resolution again and hit apply even though it shows you are at the right resolution. Also sometimes everquest would minimize and close randomly. I have fixed that problem by setting my fps to 50 instead of 100, which can be done in options as well.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Aviak

I turned off Aero peek in the taskbar options and I'm no longer having any issues.