Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Default Xygoz loot table: Robe of the Spring

Was robe of the spring removed from the VP loot table on live? From what I've gathered from guildies who played druids during the Kunark era, only a few were dropped and the robes were quickly removed from VP loot tables because they were droppable (only droppable VP loot as far as I know). I searched for more information on this subject but there is absolutely none out there...and IMO that is proof that this was either an extremely rare item or removed from the table very early after the release of VP.

There are several of the robes in existence now on the server and Xygoz has been dropping them like candy. Will we see this item removed from the loot table on this server or will it continue to stay as it is?
Last edited by Fountree; 02-21-2012 at 05:26 PM..
Old 02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

Are the droppable here?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah
Old 02-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

I tried for a good bit to find some information, I just kept running into real druids asking how to make robes...

I forgot to respond with useful information:
I don't remember ever seeing one on Fennin Ro, I played a druid there since day 1. Doesn't mean there weren't any, but they weren't as plentiful as they are on here for sure. I think there are ~6 on this server?
Last edited by Happyfeet; 02-21-2012 at 06:26 PM..
Old 02-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

I think more than 6 at this point...
Old 02-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

There was never any point it was removed from what I've researched regarding the robe. It is still droppable on live today as well. Just not too many have lasted the past 9 or so years since it stopped dropping (IE with the Veeshan's Peak revamp which this server will never see).
Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Robe of the Spring didn't even drop on every server. It was removed rather quickly, like the starfire druid tunic from VT.

I cleared VP dozens of times, never seeing one.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

Post your evidence Dald? I'm curious about it really because I couldn't find anything. But at this point I think the consensus, from other druids I've talked to, is that it was either removed from loot table because of its droppable nature or left in albeit as an extremely rare drop in VP 1.0
Last edited by Fountree; 02-22-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

There is no evidence suggesting it got removed just not much evidence that it dropped often. Its drop rate may be too high but the things I'm sure of are:

1. It DID drop in the first place as there are screenshots proving that.
2. There was never a post about it getting removed with any consensus in the eqdruids boards I've visited researching the topic (eqdruids.com / thedruidsgrove.org etc.)

I still play on live and its one of the items I still want to get, and some of the old VP 1.0 dragon loot drops off mini-named mobs in there, so I may check that out in the next few days clearing out the zone to see if any of the old robes still drop.

tl;dr the absence of proof that it continued dropping isn't sufficient to warrant its removal from drop tables.

I could probably find a mob like undead knight of unrest and see that for a year span no one commented on it dropping the mantle, but that doesn't mean it was removed (random example probably false but still you get my point).
Old 02-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone found a way to access the old noows (sp?) foh forums? Pretty sure I recall the robe dropping a few times being discussed and then its removal