Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Large Rat

Default Convert server to a new type?

With population levels lower then ever due to severe trolling and dev neglect and lack of pvp interest in general is it seriously time to maybe think of a new type of server to try out and stop this pvp madness? This pvp server hasnt done anything except generate more trolls and cause many problems.

Maybe a new type of PVE server can take its place that is different enough to not ruin the blue server. I would love to see a real fironia vie ruleset server with all the classic FV mechanics like

-1 character per IP
-no common language
-add human language
-no no drop items
-trivial loot code for magic and lore items
-cant buff more than 20 levels below you (should be changed to 10)

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Any other server ideas?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netresome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to see a real fironia vie ruleset server with all the classic FV mechanics
What is stopping you from making one?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Large Rat

it would be doable but what would be better than a P99 run server? clearly wouldnt be worth it without rogean, nilbog, p99 gms, and the classic p99 database
Old 06-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Banned

just roleplay on blue, i am sure people do. You state dev neglect as one of the reasons for server downfall then in the next post say server wouldnt be worth making without those same devs. I can promise you a FV server ruleset wil have far fewer players than a pvp one. i say make it if you know how.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

.. or we could try a pvp server without the neglect part.

I'd personally wouldn't play EQ without pvp, regardless of how cool the ruleset was. Eventually it would come down to who poopsocks the hardest like on blue, and without pvp, there's no other way to contest content.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

yeah , you can do this on blue already.

Red sever is fine, it provides the same classic EQ experience as the blue server, but with a different (and better) way to contest content.

guild v guild fights over content VS. sitting in a liar for three says stareing at a wall hopeing the boss spawns and your ranger tags it with an arrow first.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0llb0rn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Red sever is fine,
i swear i had you on ignore. rest assured you are now.

anyways. quoted brah.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Banned

replace server with a red server that starts off as it should, with global ooc, yellow text, and increased exp, instead of slowly altering a "classic" server that everyone said wouldnt work in the first place over 8 months into a viable server only to die a slow death because it took the people running the shit 8 months to realize the people from the start saying it wouldnt work that the people were right?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Large Rat

If a "fine" server is a server that averages 10-20 players than yes there is nothing wrong.

Its also unreasonable to say that me playing with the fv ruleset by myself on the blue server is a viable option. The reason the FV ruleset is so appealing is that there is no powerleveling, no twinks, etc. You play everquest and build your character more legit than on p99 blue. Anyone artificially playing like this on the blue server clearly is at a disadvantage and wouldnt make sense.

I'm not trying to rally interest for a FV server though, just trying to see some ideas on what we can turn this dead server to and restore p99 to the community we had before all the PVP trolls/bullshit.

The pvp server was made to give a home to the pvpers of eqemu, but they came and ruined it for everyone and made the gms and devs not really give a damn about it anymore.

The hand that feeds was bitten and why shouldnt we get rid of the ungrateful pvp trolls that rogean tried to do a nice thing for but instead got shitted on.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netresome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a "fine" server is a server that averages 10-20 players than yes there is nothing wrong.

Its also unreasonable to say that me playing with the fv ruleset by myself on the blue server is a viable option. The reason the FV ruleset is so appealing is that there is no powerleveling, no twinks, etc. You play everquest and build your character more legit than on p99 blue. Anyone artificially playing like this on the blue server clearly is at a disadvantage and wouldnt make sense.

I'm not trying to rally interest for a FV server though, just trying to see some ideas on what we can turn this dead server to and restore p99 to the community we had before all the PVP trolls/bullshit.

The pvp server was made to give a home to the pvpers of eqemu, but they came and ruined it for everyone and made the gms and devs not really give a damn about it anymore.

The hand that feeds was bitten and why shouldnt we get rid of the ungrateful pvp trolls that rogean tried to do a nice thing for but instead got shitted on.
A home for pvpers? are you serious? I would flame you but the eyes are now watching. Dont wanna get banmed.
Closed Thread