Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Aviak

Default EQemu issues...stuck at step 3 of "get started process"

Hello All, I have two quick issues to discuss that are keeping me from playing P1999 and I am hoping to get some technical help. I finally got a copy of EQ Titanium, I installed it, then made the necessary EQemu account and LS account...I got to step 3 of the process and downloaded the emulator...it opens but here is where I have my problem(s)

1. When it opens up in the current version it cannot find any servers (and it gave me an options screen and I have no clue what to do with that so I just said "save")...is there a step im missing in the actual emu that is not listed after Step 3 in the start up instructions?

2. It gives me the option to upgrade to the new version (first thing when I open the program)....if I click yes it starts then a system error comes up saying I do not have the corrent .NET Framework V4.something something (I can give the specific number if needed). If I click no...I circle around to problem 1....Any thoughts?

I really appreciate the help in advance and I look forward to seeing you all in the game...maybe even today if I can remedy this. thanks!

- Aanaf
Old 07-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Does your eqhosts file say something like:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

??
Old 07-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Aviak

Well...I do not think I have gotten to that part...I literally "completed step 3"...opened the EQemu and now am sitting at it...I have been looking around and I guess I need to go into my EQ file and change some things and actually launch the game from that change? I dont know...I am horrible with this kind of computer stuff and I basically need to be told what to do after I have downloaded the emu in step 3....I know I suck :/
Old 07-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

You downloaded and ran the EQEmu Launcher? That should do all the work for you I believe. I haven't used it, but its a .zip file. Let it unpack and run the .exe I imagine.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

The launcher should adjust everything for you. It did for me anyway. I just extracted the folder to my desktop and ran it.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:25 AM
Aviak

I was able to find a work around and got it to work...felt great to be back on...its been almost 8 years ha! I love it (I am also impressed that I am running this on a 2009 Dell Mini 1012....incredible...thanks all for the help!

Aanaf
Dwarf Paladin, 2nd Level
Old 07-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Aviak

I just reformatted my harddrive, and I am having this same issue now. What was your work around? Its giving me the .net framework error, requesting a .net 4.0.30319 version in order to run.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

I know nothing of this error but if you want .NET Framework updates you can go to www.microsoft.com and get them or run Windows Update.

Asher
Old 07-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just reformatted my harddrive, and I am having this same issue now. What was your work around? Its giving me the .net framework error, requesting a .net 4.0.30319 version in order to run.
You basically need to bypass that EQemu patcher and do it the "old fashioned" or "less user friendly" way....I attached a link to EQEMU set up guide. This should work and get you in just fine. Also, remember to go DL the new spells in the last patch (on the home page here) and replace the files in your EQ folder with those.

Aanaf
Dwarf Paladin, 5th Level
Old 07-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Aviak

I forgot to attach the damn link haha.

Here it is: http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide