Keep it, but with limits on use to stop spam. 26 35.14%
Leave /ooc as it is now, unrestricted. 35 47.30%
Do not care. 9 12.16%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Default The /OOC problem:

I've noticed that since the pop has gone way up in preperation for Kunark, that /ooc has gone FAR beyond "want to sell/looking for group" and into the realm of insanity. Its a constant wave of racist/sexist/homophobic spam. Some have already posted screenshots showing examples of how bad it has gotten. I'm too much the gentleman to add to those screenshots, but trust me when I say its getting rediculous.

There is /ooc and there is no /ooc, but then there can be some sort of compromise between the two that maybe limits /ooc to one message per minute or so? That would be more then enough for people to advertise a group, lfg, try to sell or buy something or even to brag about a pvp exploit.

I propose, especially of YellowText is going in with Kunark, that some sort of limit be placed on /ooc to stop all this evil spam that is flooding our airwaves and turning away many mature new players from the server. I'm constantly hearing from new people that this non-stop KKK rally in /ooc is turning them away from this community.

Let us make it so, for the sake of the community.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Does nihilum endorse tehruoh's constant racist and anti-semetic spam in ooc? Will he be guild removed for this disgusting behavior?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0llb0rn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've noticed that since the pop has gone way up in preperation for Kunark, that /ooc has gone FAR beyond "want to sell/looking for group" and into the realm of insanity. Its a constant wave of racist/sexist/homophobic spam. Some have already posted screenshots showing examples of how bad it has gotten. I'm too much the gentleman to add to those screenshots, but trust me when I say its getting rediculous.

There is /ooc and there is no /ooc, but then there can be some sort of compromise between the two that maybe limits /ooc to one message per minute or so? That would be more then enough for people to advertise a group, lfg, try to sell or buy something or even to brag about a pvp exploit.

I propose, especially of YellowText is going in with Kunark, that some sort of limit be placed on /ooc to stop all this evil spam that is flooding our airwaves and turning away many mature new players from the server. I'm constantly hearing from new people that this non-stop KKK rally in /ooc is turning them away from this community.

Let us make it so, for the sake of the community.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1lfSzgcAw

Old 08-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

If people are spamming homophobia, sexism and racism (which I don't doubt), why not screenshot it and report them? It should be enough to have rules against what sort of speech is allowed in global ooc, and mute people who violate those rules.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

We do and nothing ever happens, it's an exercise in vain.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Banned

Honestly im not sure where you take this "constant racism" stuff from. I left a guild for that, so i should notice. Its mostly just kidding around and talking and passing time while youre grinding your life away. I say keep it as it is till pop rises alot more. Teach noobs to use ignore.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Kobold

I wouldn't call it racism.

People are bickering, and referencing times when the server had a different population, and referencing forum wars.

The people that are new to this server are most likely confused by this, but I wouldn't say it drives them away.

[ANONYMOUS] Advisor
Old 08-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned

I posted recented a recent an ooc racist in another thread but on phone ATM so can't repost
Old 08-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I posted recented a recent an ooc racist in another thread but on phone ATM so can't repost
Cant make sense apparently either lol
Closed Thread