PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Equipping "illegal" slots

xblade724
12-28-2011, 10:19 AM
If you loot an item that can go in a hand that's free, but not designed to go there, it will automatically assign there. If you remove it, you cannot put it back.

For instance, reproduced every time in kerras isle. Lute in secondary, nothing allowed in primary. I loot a wisp via right click, the lightstone goes to primary. I now have primary lightstone and secondary lute. Noticed at first when I was holding a bag in my primary hand.

This could surely lead to worse things, such as looting weapons to melee and have instrument at same time.

PS -- bellows boastful bellow knockback still not fixed, pls hotfix that as well ;) was said last patch it would be included D:

Edit: added image

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/s-SbvaPRv4MeOwwUTUcXdy-0Kzg3o_-knAjNETQQjz4ucQUQzmuneE8atc-lgh9Ba0xKt_uAN2Hmvim9NXgIsAranYYKHaKZnWA=w1600

georgie
12-28-2011, 06:30 PM
yeah i did this on KaB. would loot my weapon first put in my primary then loot my drum that was meant to go in secondary. but yeah it doesnt matter cuz a bard with one wep is like a mage meleeing. NO DPS

Cast
12-28-2011, 08:17 PM
This could surely lead to worse things, such as looting weapons to melee and have instrument at same time.

holy cow.

ya dont say

Lazortag
12-29-2011, 01:20 AM
This exploit has been around for a while. The only time it's really ever a big deal is when it allows two instruments to be wielded at once, but if someone's doing that you just have to take a screenshot and petition it since it's an exploit.

xblade724
12-29-2011, 06:32 AM
but yeah it doesnt matter cuz a bard with one wep is like a mage meleeing. NO DPS

rofl

This exploit has been around for a while. The only time it's really ever a big deal is when it allows two instruments to be wielded at once, but if someone's doing that you just have to take a screenshot and petition it since it's an exploit.

Hmm.. since [all?] classic instruments are offhand, probably don't have to worry about this til Kunark.

Lazortag
12-29-2011, 11:43 AM
rofl

Hmm.. since [all?] classic instruments are offhand, probably don't have to worry about this til Kunark.

Not all classic instruments are offhand.

Agilmente's Flute of Flight/Ervaj's Flute of Flight as well as Crude Wooden Flute are all primary.

The more you know~

Szeth
12-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Giegue too fast to screenshot since he has two modifiers IMO

Cast
12-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I dual wield fishing poles, otherwise im too op

Cast
12-29-2011, 07:52 PM

I've confirmed with multiple sources this is no exploit, just a very smart way to play a very special class. Go bards, go.