Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-06-2024, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

When I played I'd pick up all the budget alternatives to BiS.

If I did it all over again, I'd pump every single bit of dkp into a monk for full BiS.

Rangers are shit outside lucky raid parses lol. #speedbump life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 06-06-2024, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those gears don't make them a completely different class, they are still shit and gimp, so you are completely wrong. The minor dps boost from raid gears don't mean shit when you still lose 50% tanking a dark blue.

Obviously you don't have a ranger in that calibur, yet you try to sound like you have the experience to share.

and wolf form...LOL
I’d link a Magelo but can’t even reread the original post to realize you are threadjacking. Sorry you have a low dps ranger, I’d level up a monk if I were you too. Lemme know if you ever parse 100+ dps on a Vindi.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-06-2024 at 10:09 AM..
Old 06-06-2024, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Is the argument here that rangers are going to compete with other high DPS classes? This is a DSM level argument

(just joking DSM)
Old 06-06-2024, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the argument here that rangers are going to compete with other high DPS classes? This is a DSM level argument

(just joking DSM)
No, it’s dumber than that.

I was responding to the first poster’s question.
People are taking this as a class v class discussion (it’s not).

Paraphrased: “What non-tank class is significantly better when geared over the EC version”
Old 06-06-2024, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger does improve a lot with gear ; with 50% slow and almost 100% haste they are kinda 4 times better than an ungeared one. So big improvement, but still compares unfavourably to monk.

That said, I played my ranger again recently and it felt like they had been heavily stealth nerfed. I was in TT - somewhere my ranger could solo hunter/forager without earthcaller at 55. In my recent visit at 60 with more gear including full epic I had to hammer out due to a fight going unfavourably - something unthinkable before.

Did they just disable AC on rangers or something?!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-06-2024, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Nah, they have almost 6k hps and hit for up to 135. Certainly doable but tougher than you would expect. Outside a few named in the cycle they are the hardest kills.
Old 06-10-2024, 05:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d link a Magelo but can’t even reread the original post to realize you are threadjacking. Sorry you have a low dps ranger, I’d level up a monk if I were you too. Lemme know if you ever parse 100+ dps on a Vindi.
Are you really bragging about trueshotting vindi one time and getting a good parse? Surely this isn't your basis for arguing this question.

Rangers definitely scale up with gear better than some classes but basing an answer to the question on hand around 72 minute discipline is inane. If you are really a "ranger with Ntov weapons", hopefully you're saving that disc cooldown for bumping for your guild, right?

Monks, on the other hand, have literal Luclin-era ratio weapons available on P99 and massively scale in all aspects with the gear available, especially if you include novelty clickies you could compare to BFG. And this is without considering availability of long cooldown disciplines.