Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Fire Giant

Default Got my Robe of the Lost Circle - questions

So, I just got my rotlc, and I'm still trying to learn how to manage the...Bardiness of the effect (obv, never played a bard).

First, rotlc must be worn to use the effect. How do monks use it effectively (if at all) if they have another, preferred, Chest item (like a Fungi)? Do you manually swap/click every 2 ticks? That seems like you'd be playing with your Inventory open all the time then, and run the risk of eventually dropping or destroying one or the other.

I guess the above question boils down to - is there a macro command that will swap or equip items? Also, is there a macro command that will perform an item effect (i.e. right-click a worn item)? I know about /doability, but not sure if/how that can be applied to a worn item. Anybody have an example macro (if it will work at all)?

Lastly, everything I've read and recall says this effect lasts 3 ticks. But it only lasts 2 (12 seconds) here. Which is correct/classic?

Thanks.
Last edited by Malrubius; 11-22-2013 at 10:10 AM..
Old 11-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

Click, Hold and drag chest spot. and Inventory slot into your action bar, saves having the inventory up all the time
Old 11-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, good point, the icons make the swap cleaner for sure.

I guess that means there is definitely no macro command that will do the swap. :/
Old 11-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to being a bard!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, good point, the icons make the swap cleaner for sure.

I guess that means there is definitely no macro command that will do the swap. :/
There is not. You will also need to be careful to time the ticks correctly, because you could pick up the fungi tunic right before a tick happens and miss the regen tick.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebekkha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Click, Hold and drag chest spot. and Inventory slot into your action bar, saves having the inventory up all the time
Step 2: Go into options and map the Flying Kick button to also activate the robe from the hotkey bank. Ta-da! Every time you kick, you'll activate your robe.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

I intend to do that with my epic when I get it, but really, the item swapping sounds too much like work for the robe to be worth it (to me, personally). [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'll play with it some though and see if I can get used to it.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Robe of the whistling fist?
Old 11-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Robe of the whistling fist?
Must be. RotLC has a nice color, but no clicky.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Step 2: Go into options and map the Flying Kick button to also activate the robe from the hotkey bank. Ta-da! Every time you kick, you'll activate your robe.
How do you do this if there is no macro or hotkey to activate an inventory item? I have a hotkey for my clicky and I have a hotkey for Kick...just not sure hot to get one key to activate both.