Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Default topic: more content, addition expansions

let me start off by saying i like p99, the staff, the community etc. its been a great experience so far.

all that said, i often read on the forums about a need for additional content beyond Velious. I am here to say that the problem is not with how much content there is in the game through Velious, but the fact that the folks complaining neckbearded, poopsocked, hotpocketed, foodstamped, turbboboxed, RMT'd and exploited their way through said content.

Maybe if the game was played casually or for heavens sake at least took second priority to something else, there wouldnt be such a need for additional content.

go ahead, disagree with me. Oh but before you do, ask yourself, "on average, how many hours do i play a week?"
Old 11-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

While I agree with you I think youd been better off posting this in one of the thrillion "new content" threads.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

good lord. Hey, I know, maybe if gravity worked the opposite of what it does now we could ski uphill.

What is the point of this post? To tell people to stop complaining? To tell them to play casually? You'll have better luck waiting for gravity to reverse.

I can't actually disagree with you, because I can't tell wtf you mean. Are you for or against new content? Either way, as was mentioned above, there are literally hundreds of posts on that exact subject. Maybe thousands.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

This is exactly what the OP is talking about - talk sense and people reply with shitty comments. If he's not a regular forum user he probably isn't aware of how many "guys I've got an idea" threads have come and gone.

The sad thing is that the raid scene here is a little toxic, the lawyerquesting is no fun for anyone and we have to develop a thick skin to continue to enjoy the end game.

I welcome custom content - I'll write in some quest lines if they want writers and ideas...whether its level 1 quests or some great stuff for the 60s out there that'll take them more time than getting their Velious rings or difficult epics finished. There's some great potential for custom content/quests - one of the challenges will be letting everyone have access to it equally and not bottlenecking, especially at lower levels.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

This is a tough decision either way, they have to go with expansions like live EQ with minimal fixes and the way the game goes downhill or do like some other EQEmu servers and have original content thereby alienating people that want just play EQ like they remember it (Classic!).
Old 11-18-2016, 08:51 PM
Aviak

Why even talk about it? They're going up to patch complete Velious. Then we're getting a Green server. Then, maybe, if the Devs feel like it, custom content. That's the plan. Don't like it? Go away! It's not our sandbox, we just play in it.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Sarnak

whats a green server
Old 11-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Aviak

P99 with an authentic timeline. When it runs through to the end of the cycle all characters will be dumped into blue and another Green server will start up. At least, that's my understanding.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:33 PM
Aviak

<3 Luclin and would love to play it under the structure of P99.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Kobold

If I wanted additional content that continuously invalidated the effort and achievements that I had already obtained then I would play WoW. I don't.