Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Large Rat

Default Old-timer taking the plunge! Advice or starting help appreciated!

Guys,

I just made a Dwarven cleric. His name, of course, is Auxn.

I appreciate any advice or help getting started!

See you online!

Auxn
Old 06-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

Level up in your starting area collecting all bone chips and spider silks that you can. Once you get a good handful take the boat on the docks in Butcher Block Mountains to Freeport and unload you wares so that you can purchase your spells with ease.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Study about your starting area using the wiki. There are always quests you can utilize to speed up the leveling process. Some of the most well known and most effective of these are the gnoll fang quest, the rabid wolf/bear quests, and the crushbone belt quest.

But there are other, lesser known ones in basically every starting area that are actually pretty helpful in getting through some of the harder levels - 3 is actually kind of tedious for an untwinked melee.

But don't give up. EQ, unlike modern MMOs, gets better the farther you get as opposed to the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

If you're a dwarf then you're in prime real estate for either great starter XP, great starter money, or a little of both.
If you concentrate on killing skeletons outside of Kaladim you will have plenty of stacks of bonechips. You can either turn these in for XP in the paladin guild, or, as Itching said, hop the boat to FP and sell them in EC. They sell for about 10pp per stack if I remember correctly. You may even find some kind souls to throw you some free lowbie gear while you're there.
Once your around level 6 or so you can head to Gfay and start killing Orcs around orc hill. They should drop a fair amount of crushbone belts. These can be sold for 2-3pp per belt, or turned in at the warrior guild back in Kaladim for good XP and a piece of leather armor per belt. The best part about the belts is that if you want to sell them you don't have to hop the boat, your market is already right there in Gfay.

My preferred method of leveling is to turn in all bonechips for XP to get myself to 6 as efficiently as possible, then head to Gfay and kill Orcs, sell belts until I have around 100-150pp so I can head to EC and buy some banded armor (costs about 80-100pp for a whole set) and maybe a cheap starter weapon if I can. Head back to Gfay and keep killing Orcs and get good and encumbered with belts, then make the run to Kaladim to turn in for good XP. <try to beg a sow before you make the run.
After I hit 11-12 its off to WK to hunt bandit and turn in sashes for the next 5-6 levels.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Aviak

watch out for the troll that turns little kids into wooden figurines!
Closed Thread