Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

Default This is a terrible idea....or is it?

So....i was talking with some people the other night who played on the Firona Vie server and it got me thinking how it was cool to have the different server types (PvP, FV, RP, ect). Checking out these servers foreign to my eq reality was def another cool aspect of EQ for me and i am sure many others. So with this in mind i let my thoughts wonder around and what i came up with was this...

Since our population really isn't big enough nor does it make economic sense to open up a second server, we could maybe rotate weekly, monthly, or some other measurement of time, rotate the type of server it is. For example one week make it pvp, next week no drop goes away like on FV, or the next week RP is encouraged more, maybe even have a GM event during RP week/time period because people already in the mood for some lore. It's probably a good idea and i thought it was at least novel enough to toss around the forums and see what some responses to this were.

So, let me hear what you think, flames or whatever. Maybe some details, like during FV week only items dropped during that week are dropable, not previously looted no drops. Because i could see where people might start hoarding no drops, or /rolling on items they normally would not. Or maybe during the middle of a fight over CT or something like that which requires clering and multiple guilds in the same zone randomly switch it to pvp to make things more interesting. Those were just some examples but have fun with the thread.

EDIT : Just had another great idea. During RP week we could gain extra exp everytime we talked like we were our race. Like if i was an ogre and i said, "I keeled da bat, it r was funz" i could get some exp. Or if i was a high elf i could talk like i went to Yardale and had a 4.0 grade point average.
Last edited by Naerron; 11-17-2010 at 08:32 PM..
Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Orc

That wouldn't be classic. Therefore it would not happen.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

these types of servers were around in classic, and one could ague not having them around makes it not classic!!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Kobold

That would be far too.. exploitable and require extra item DB entries and an incredible amount of work.

I'd rather have Kunark (after I hit 50 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Formerly:
Imagin Uhaveclarity - Level 67 Gnome Enchanter, Innoruuk (Shortly after Kunark to a couple months before Luclin, back again around LDON through OOW)
Tegeril Whitewolf - Level 52 Wood Elf Druid, Innoruuk (Opening of Innoruuk - half of Kunark)
Old 11-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Banned

We just need a pvp server to spawn out of p99's work.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

It is hilarious to me the ego of people who think they have come up with an idea so brilliant that the thousands of people who play on this server, which strives specifically to be as strictly classic as possible, would embrace a massive change to something completely different for no reason whatsoever.

You realize there are other EMU servers with completely different rulesets you can try, right?
Old 11-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naerron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
next week no drop goes away like on FV
Yep, terrible idea. Stop and seriously think about the implications of turning NODROP on and off periodically, please.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Banned

Who was that guy who kept asking when Velious was coming out and ended everything with ....or is it?

These new age trolls never have staying power
Old 11-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'd rather have Kunark (after I hit 50 )
Why 50? Good content in Kunark from 1-60...
Old 11-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Kobold

Because density of players at the moment allows for more groups. Player density will be high in the 45-50 range upon Kunark's release and thus more groups will be available.

Formerly:
Imagin Uhaveclarity - Level 67 Gnome Enchanter, Innoruuk (Shortly after Kunark to a couple months before Luclin, back again around LDON through OOW)
Tegeril Whitewolf - Level 52 Wood Elf Druid, Innoruuk (Opening of Innoruuk - half of Kunark)
Closed Thread