Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2019, 08:47 PM
Kobold

Default Recipe discovery

One of the things that really intrigues me about p1999, and Green in particular is the possibility of "discovering" recipes semi-legit, instead of just using wiki. The wiki gives all of the recipes, but I have searched all over the web and simply cannot find where these came from.
Yeah, you can get the basic books for most crafts very easily. But I remember the first time on blue when I "discovered" the recipe for bags simply by going to Rivervale and buying a book there. That is truly like a real RPG in my opinion, discovering something in game that describes the game itself.

After that, I was always curious how ALL of the recipes were initially discovered. Where did all of accumulated knowledge come from? Baking is not a problem. Those books seem to be everywhere and very common. But tailoring knowledge seems to be spread out a bit, and blacksmithing seems downright mystic. I cannot find a link to a book that describes the recipe for creating an enchanted sword, for example.

Where are the books, the NPC text, and the quests that give this knowledge about "something deeper"?

It's like watching "The Matrix". You can only see it for the first time once. Oh, to be able to play Everquest with NO ONE knowing any of the wiki stuff. But alas, that cannot be, but I want to be able to find out how the knowledge was found out.