Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:38 PM
Large Rat

Default So what do you miss?

Playing classic EQ has renewed my love for the game. Travel and death are meaningful again, the newbies zones have actual newbies in them once again. Players are coming and going from cities, and all the rest of it. The player base seems to have those same positive, helpful, friendly attitudes that I remember from days of old. I am just so happy that the folks at Project 1999 took this task on, I can't even tell you how much. I shall definitely be sending some support their way.

But...

There are somethings I mis. Granted, I will gladly do without. What I have gained by playing here far outstrips the things I miss. Having said that though, I do miss certain things. For one, and I may be in the minority here, but I have always preferred the Luclin char models. Not a big deal, just a matter of taste I suppose.

I also miss horses. not mounts per se. I just always liked the horses. I worked long and hard to acquire enough plat to buy a black chain bridle and had a real sense of accomplishment when I bought it. I didn't care so much about speed or meditating aid, I just think they looked cool. Drogs,,,meh....good for evil non-human races that no sensible, self-respecting horse would ever allow on their back I guess. And the more recent mounts I can't stand but I did like the horses.

What I miss most of all though are spell sets. I would give my left testicle for spell sets. I suppose that eventually I will make the adjustment but man, I do miss those.

So, what about you, is there anything about the current EQ that you miss?
Old 05-18-2017, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing classic EQ has renewed my love for the game. Travel and death are meaningful again, the newbies zones have actual newbies in them once again. Players are coming and going from cities, and all the rest of it. The player base seems to have those same positive, helpful, friendly attitudes that I remember from days of old. I am just so happy that the folks at Project 1999 took this task on, I can't even tell you how much. I shall definitely be sending some support their way.

But...

There are somethings I mis. Granted, I will gladly do without. What I have gained by playing here far outstrips the things I miss. Having said that though, I do miss certain things. For one, and I may be in the minority here, but I have always preferred the Luclin char models. Not a big deal, just a matter of taste I suppose.

I also miss horses. not mounts per se. I just always liked the horses. I worked long and hard to acquire enough plat to buy a black chain bridle and had a real sense of accomplishment when I bought it. I didn't care so much about speed or meditating aid, I just think they looked cool. Drogs,,,meh....good for evil non-human races that no sensible, self-respecting horse would ever allow on their back I guess. And the more recent mounts I can't stand but I did like the horses.

What I miss most of all though are spell sets. I would give my left testicle for spell sets. I suppose that eventually I will make the adjustment but man, I do miss those.

So, what about you, is there anything about the current EQ that you miss?
I miss when millions of players were online on Live.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I miss when millions of players were online on Live.
Except there were never more than like 500k at the height of EQ.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think I miss anything, really. It might be because I spent most of my time on live in the classic-velious era though.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:04 PM
Banned

yeah, pre kunark.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

1) endurance is not implemented
2) racial vision limitations not implemented

zing
Old 05-18-2017, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

zing
+1

Love the avatar. Is it from a Pink Panther movie? Lol. CLOUSEAU!!!
Old 05-18-2017, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2017, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

zing
But they did change everyone's gamma settings on logging in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2017, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1

correct sir! Chief Inspector Dreyfus, to be exact