Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Default Tunare's Request

This druid charm should not cause animals to be aggro to you after the charm breaks, granted that you were not kos to them before the charm and did no other actions. Currently, if you cast tunare's request on any friendly critter wandering the game, and break the charm (or have it wear off) they will start angrily gnawing on you.

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-2987.html
http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-2685.html

Also, the spell, to the best of my knowledge, is suppose to behave like a mini-dire charm. Not to break early, but instead last the full duration, 2:45 hours at 55 and 3 hours at level 60. Currently, the spells breaks just as frequently as a regular charm.

An example would be me casting tunare's request on a streamer in timorous deep, then having it break within 10 seconds already (just like regular charms seem to do when rng hates you.. sigh). If anything, there should already be a red flag where a level 60 casting a level 55 charm on a level 10-14 creature doesn't even last 10 seconds.

Anyways, info on this second part is tough to find since so many posts confuse it with call of karana. I'm at least more certain on the no-aggro on a break part.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

Didn't find anything on the fixed duration, but I did find several things that mention the animal does not aggro you after charm breaks from info <=Nov 2000 (about where we are right now).

http://web.archive.org/web/200011191.../expansio1.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov 2000
Tunare's Request Charm Animal - max level 35 - animal DOES NOT ATTACK when it wears off
http://web.archive.org/web/200206250...+Request&type=
Quote:
Originally Posted by June 2000
This spell is actually worthy of a few casts as it wipes the monster's memory when it dispells. A friend of mine on tarew marr server showed this to me in NK by casting it on a griff that was passing by. He then intentionally broke the charm by Hiding, and the griff just flew on as if it were just flying by and didn't see us. Real cool. I could imagine the usefulness of this spell in kunark on the high level animals in the outdoor zones like emerald jungle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug 2000
When it wears of it does indeed remove you from the aggro list. I have been dreaming of this kind of spell for a long time. However, the max level of creature this can be cast on is 35. You can't even use it in Kedge. Only being able to cast this on green creatures is very depressing, since it is a charm, which means it will not obey your commands if you tell it to attack something much higher than it. Try charming a griffawn in NK and tell it to attack a Hill Giant. It will just fly around random directions til the charm ends. Very depressing that this great spell has such a low level cap on it.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Wait... what?

Quote:
... Only being able to cast this on green creatures is very depressing, since it is a charm, which means it will not obey your commands if you tell it to attack something much higher than it. Try charming a griffawn in NK and tell it to attack a Hill Giant. It will just fly around random directions til the charm ends. ...
What's this about?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Kobold

I kinda remember this. Asking a charmed mob to attack something significantly higher than it on live had odd results. Does sound very familiar.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>
Old 03-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

it works that way on here too. i forget what, but i charmed something in the feerrott one time for fun and told it to attack some lizardman. the pet wouldn't listen, so i brought him into agro range of the lizard, and the pet died really fast, indicating that it was a much lower level than the mob.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Developer

Pet will not aggro on charm break when this spell is used, pending update.
Closed Thread