Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 04:14 AM
Fire Giant

Default Vanguard: Saga of Heroes nowadays

Anyone know how this is nowadays I remember it was absolutely horrible at launch but I heard it's not so bad these days. Saw it was free to play on Steam and thought about giving it a try. Also how is the free to play is it really free to play or is it just really a shell of it's real self?
Old 07-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Sarnak

I started this thread about it a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=111943

Long story short, it still looks beautiful and it is still buggy (but not as bad as at launch, i hear). I played for a little bit, but sort of stopped when I got Skyrim. Class system (to me, anyways) seems really good. However, I find some of the bugs unbearable, particularly the delay for mobs to attack. Also, other things like getting stuck are quite annoying, even if there is command to get unstuck.

Worth messing around with to see what you think since it's free.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Aviak

Loved VG but the bugs at launch finally drove me away. Crashing every 30 mins is a little too hc for me I guess. Sad times.

Might give this another shot though. Been hearing good things.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Aviak

I started playing this game. My feelings are mixed. It's a little too much like EQ 2, with what feels like linear content. It's a lot harder, and that's a big plus, but I don't see how it's that extraordinarily different from WoW.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started playing this game. My feelings are mixed. It's a little too much like EQ 2, with what feels like linear content. It's a lot harder, and that's a big plus, but I don't see how it's that extraordinarily different from WoW.
are we even talking about the same game? lol. admittedly its been a while but...was it really revamped insanely or something? at launch vg was the closest eq classic feeling i'd had in a while.

was going to check vg out again. hope this report isn't accurate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

VG is tons of fun, i didn't get to play i ton launch took me 28 days to patch out of my 30 day free trial..

anyway its totally f2p now and id highly recomend it, its a great game lots of fun just not much of a playerbase. Really its only downfall is you have to solo all the time unless you know some people that can play with you.

Still one of my favorite games, just wish others felt the same

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VG is tons of fun, i didn't get to play i ton launch took me 28 days to patch out of my 30 day free trial..

anyway its totally f2p now and id highly recomend it, its a great game lots of fun just not much of a playerbase. Really its only downfall is you have to solo all the time unless you know some people that can play with you.

Still one of my favorite games, just wish others felt the same
as i recall the population was always an issue. will post my char name and stuff when i start up again. maybe the 2 other people who don't hate vg can keep me company! lol...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Banned

I agree with you Rhambuk,
In reference to the population, give it a check guys its actually pretty decent considering the F2P, its easy to find people LFG with the finder in all. VERY friendly community reminds me of you know....classic EQ
Closed Thread