Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default new mage question.

Hello all. First post here. Joined server a week ago, made a mage, hit level 12. Can I get some advice onany mage equipment i could/should start farming soon. Also any good hunting locations coming up. Still in blackburrow, and this is my first character on the server. Thanks wizero
Old 10-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

Get your focus items and really that's all you ever need. At level 12 you can even group in Najena and possibly kill the first 2 magicians that can drop the pieces or just go there and ask for rots. Mana pool really doesn't mean much for mages.
You can focus on grabbing things with +hp that'll help you survive a bit longer when you get agro since you don't have any way to cc yourself.
Also, save for jboots eventually or can kill the AC in SoRo (if you find the camp free ever) chaining when you get the lvl 29 pet..
Old 10-16-2014, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

didn't read but that does not matter, just don't play mage.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, good idea - come onto Caster forums and grief a nub with a question about a little played and misunderstood class - its a great way to attract people to Red

Yes don't play a mage - p99 needs way more Iksar Monks and Troll Shamans

Even though a 60 Mage can solo cash camps NP and is an invaluable tool for raid mobilization

Get focus items and HP gear for leveling - some good cheap items are Silversilk Leggings, +55 hp rings, Gatorscale Sleeves, and Golden Jaded Bracelets. HP and resists are more important than mana pool, keep that in mind always.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all. First post here. Joined server a week ago, made a mage, hit level 12. Can I get some advice onany mage equipment i could/should start farming soon. Also any good hunting locations coming up. Still in blackburrow, and this is my first character on the server. Thanks wizero
Lets hope you didn't join red where you get to deal with people like Fame all day.

I don't know how easy the quests are for noobs, but the best bang for the buck is the focus items, especially the Torch of Alna. After that go for like 10 wooly spider silk nets.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Hope ya didn't go mage.