Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Orc

Default Crashing while zoning/ Can't log back in

I've been having trouble zoning and logging in all day today. The game has frozen while loading twice today and then I'm unable to log on for like an hour. But it seems like everyone else is able to play without any issues. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening to me?
Old 07-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Sarnak

Having similar issues. P99 has always run really smoothly for me up until a couple days ago. Now it freezes most of the time that I zone, then timeouts when I try to log back in. Have to try several times until I can eventually make it back. Playing isn't an issue at all- played for hours earlier today, but once I tried to switch zones, no dice.

My assumption is there wasn't any change on the server side-my only thought was a windows update perhaps?
Old 07-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Make sure your files are not corrupt or damaged. I had my Sol a files magically become broken over night once. I had a friend send me his zone files and it started working again. Definitely in the top weirdest things to happen. Ever since I kept a backup copy of classic-velious zones in a zip but I've never had it happen again.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-07-2017 at 11:12 PM..
Old 07-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

I've been having problems myself. I have 3 different accounts. One of them is now getting a 1017 error on the login screen which has never happened before and I've had the account for 5 years.

The server login shows up with no listed servers. Is it an EQemu problem? Also, when I did get into the game a few hours ago, I was having some lag issues which is extremely rare.

I just got the servers to show up on this login attempt, but now when I try to click play it gives me the, "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server." I was just logged in less than a couple of hours ago.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:53 PM
Aviak

This has been an on going problem for P99 for as long as i can remember they have never really done anything about it. told me it was out of there control and was problems between me and my ISP
Old 07-08-2017, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtell4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has been an on going problem for P99 for as long as i can remember they have never really done anything about it. told me it was out of there control and was problems between me and my ISP
Nah, that doesn't make any sense at all. It only started happening today and has NEVER happened in the last 4 years I've played here. So, that is definitely not the issue.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, that doesn't make any sense at all. It only started happening today and has NEVER happened in the last 4 years I've played here. So, that is definitely not the issue.
i've played here on and off for over 5 and even back 5 years ago i was getting disconnected while zoning and random no server screens and unable to connects
Old 07-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Aviak

I'm having the same issue and can't seem to log back in.

I'm using WinEQ 2.15. I've had this problem of sometimes crashing while zoning for a while now, and I've noticed that it only seems to happen when the server is packed. Never happens when I play during off hours while the server population is low. This leads me to believe it's a server-side error and probably has something to do with how zoning requests are handled when the server is busy.

Going to keep trying to log back in. GL.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Try using the EQEmuLauncher instead of WinEQ

Also only problems I have ever had logging into game were due to my own firewall issues

Hope this helps
Old 07-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try using the EQEmuLauncher instead of WinEQ

Also only problems I have ever had logging into game were due to my own firewall issues

Hope this helps
i don't recommend this as p99 is not an EQEmuLauncer supported server and also EQEmuLauncher doesn't get updated
Closed Thread