Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Aviak

Default skullcap questline

I wonder when the rank 9 skullcap (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=30021) has been added to the iksar necro skullcap questline (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=2905) .

Allakhazam says 2004. And if you take a look at the stats this makes sense aswell.. Must be PoP?

By the way Board admins. Did you ever think about class forums?

Thanks for help..

Kasilis
Last edited by Kasilis; 04-13-2011 at 08:06 PM..
Old 04-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Well it is an 'epic' style quest. In that it is multi part / very involved reaching through basically every Kunark zone at some point in time. From what I recall they were Velious insertions (the later versions of each Iksar epic quest)... atleast thats what I remember reading somewhere haha.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

If you look at the quest itself:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=2905
Alla says its from the Gates of Discord era.

8th rank is the highest you'll see on this server:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=221
The stats are in line with kunark era gear.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Aviak

Thats what i thought. Thanks for your response.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:13 AM
Aviak

"8th rank is the highest you'll see on this server:"

I sure hope not. That'll leave a lot of upset Necros who're intent on getting that 9th Skullcap.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:51 AM
Aviak

9th level was added well after Velious, in the Training Wheels of Mordania expansion.

Unless a GM is wearing one, we'll never see a 9th level around here.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Aviak

Well, that's too bad. Honestly, that hat is why I started playing here again. A lot of my enthusiasm just got flushed.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, that's too bad. Honestly, that hat is why I started playing here again. A lot of my enthusiasm just got flushed.
8th is still decent enough to use and looks great, you didn't seriously start playing on p99 just in the hopes of having a clicky leech spell on your necro?
Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Aviak

Not why I started playing, no. It was though why I picked that race and class. I think of it the way people think of getting their epic. It's not the *only* reason for wanting to play a certain race and class, but it's a part.

I'm definitely not stomping my feet and holding my breath until I get what I want. I just thought that the whole quest line was Kunark era, and I'm disappointed that it isn't.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Aviak

Also as far as the Skullcaps themselves go. I've got the 5th rank Occultist Skullcap which gives AC: 6 and INT: +3. I can see doing the 6th since I've already done the faction work and have half the candlestick (if the other half ever drops), but without the 9th skullcap as a goal I can't see bothering with the rest of them. The looks don't change and the increase in stats is minimal. It's just not worth the huge effort involved.
Closed Thread