Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Orc

Default What do they expect?

Why is it that I always see red players referring to us blue players as and I quote "sub par" "blubies" "pussies", but then only minutes later they beg us to go redisde to save their dwindling population. They insult us, then ask us to help them. I considered going red for a while, but after I saw how offensive and trollish their players are I have decided against it. It's like slapping someone in the face, and then asking them to share their lunch with you. What do they expect us to do?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds like you take this Everquest biz pretty serious.
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

You've stumbled upon the reason red's population is 1/10 that of blue.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Marc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you take this Everquest biz pretty serious.
No I'm not angry about it if that's how you took it. I just don't understand how people can be so desperate, yet so rude.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Here comes Massive Marc to act tough again! I made this point yesterday on a thread asking people to come to red and had a poor attempt at flaming made by our muscular friend.

OP speaks truth.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

fortunately the majority of the forum posters you see don't even actually play on red.

Don't get trolled on the forums before you actually even roll a character.

If you're that sensitive on ForumQuest, red might not be for you...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Well honestly on pvp servers you have to contend with other players not just monsters. So it's tougher. People that play on pvp servers for long periods soon become attached to it and when they go to blue servers they just don't get the same reward from it, since the danger is lower. You have to understand that this gap between blue and red builds over time. Soon reds look at blues as though they can't take a beating. And you know where that goes.... It all stems from a different tolerance for danger and reward.

The problem with the red server and others like it is they don't give players a chance to play safely. No open world pvp ever works for very long unless it has some safe zones and control measures applied to griefing. The problem is that some pvpers tend to prefer open world pvp BECAUSE of the griefing. Maybe that's how they played for a long time on a open world pvp server so that's what they expect in any game they play. But the end result of all this is that these pvp players that want the ability to grief will never be happy because the servers they do get to play on will always have small populations that bleed until they're on life support.

I'm not speaking from inexperience. I played on Sullon Zek for a long while. I loved it. I'm a player that loves danger. However, I believe that no open world pvp can exist long without control measures to restrict griefing and to allow players to focus most or all of their time solely on pve if that's what they want. I do believe the biggest challenge should be in contested areas where pvp can occur, but I also think that the best items should be a combination of pve and pvp. This means that pve players can combine what they do with pvp players in hte market. At no point should one or the other dominate. Instead they should compliment each other. So for example if I loot a Shield of Hazing Light in a contested dungeon then I can improve it if I combine it with an item that's acquired in a non-contested zone. This can be done directly or in the markets.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 01-24-2013 at 06:42 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fortunately the majority of the forum posters you see don't even actually play on red.

Don't get trolled on the forums before you actually even roll a character.

If you're that sensitive on ForumQuest, red might not be for you...
Let me rephrase what I said, I wasn't offended by what they say exactly, but I sure as hell don't feel like dealing with the griefing and the trolling. I have never done pvp in EQ, and I would like to try, but all I ever hear are horror stories of greifing and that does not sound desirable.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonbrodersen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me rephrase what I said, I wasn't offended by what they say exactly, but I sure as hell don't feel like dealing with the griefing and the trolling. I have never done pvp in EQ, and I would like to try, but all I ever hear are horror stories of greifing and that does not sound desirable.
There is no widespread griefing anymore, its the opposite actually. I have a character on red that will remain unknown and everyone was really nice (giving buffs, some items, ect).

Just don't say youre going to be the next nilly recruit and youll enjoy it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Let me put it in the best light possible.

The majority of people despise or hate me on blue, but they will play with me.

I won't even play on red because of the way they act.

There ya go.
Closed Thread