Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Aviak

Default EQ and Depression

Hello everyone,

As someone who battles severe depression, EQ and Project 99 have been instrumental in my ability to cope and deal with it, not to mention the incredible community behind it. I want to say thank you for the work involved from the P99 staff and the wonderful people here.

Cheers!
Avicious/Fuzzybum
Old 12-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Banned

Makes me happy to read this Barnabas! My wonderful G.F of 4 years battles depression, PTSD, and Bi-Polar. I don't always wake up to the same woman i went to bed next to. And in a matter of seconds, my love can change from a perfect angel, to extremely upset. And it's very tough to turn that around.

Keeping her mind busy is always a priority for me. Just this week, i ordered her a candle making starter kit, she made her first one! And it's been a blessing for her. Here is her first one!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2018, 01:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Makes me happy to read this Barnabas! My wonderful G.F of 4 years battles depression, PTSD, and Bi-Polar. I don't always wake up to the same woman i went to bed next to. And in a matter of seconds, my love can change from a perfect angel, to extremely upset. And it's very tough to turn that around.

Keeping her mind busy is always a priority for me. Just this week, i ordered her a candle making starter kit, she made her first one! And it's been a blessing for her. Here is her first one!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're an angel, friend. If someone went the extra mile for me like that, I would never forget it.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're an angel, friend. If someone went the extra mile for me like that, I would never forget it.
There is somebody for everybody out there! Never thought the one for me would be the woman i'm with today, but life has a funny way of doing things... That being said, love ya'll! Well most of ya'll.....
Old 12-20-2018, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/news/20160919/what-is-kratom-dea-ban#2
In low doses, kratom acts as a stimulant. In large amounts, it acts as a sedative, and the DEA says it can lead to psychotic symptoms and psychological addiction.
You do not want to make a bipolar person psychotic (source: I've been both).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I even heard about psychedelic mushrooms and ketamine. Marijuana makes mine worse, for some reason. I'm thinking the dopamine surge has something to do with it.
If you're curious about the science, scientists have found there is a direct correlation between pot and depression. On the one hand, correlation does not mean causation (eg. maybe pot doesn't make you depressed, maybe it's just that depressed people smoke pot). However, we'll never know, because moral restrictions prevent scientists from ever doing a study where they give fake pot to half the participants, real pot to the other half, and then wait to see who gets more depressed (and potentially suicidal).

So in other words, while science hasn't answered the question (and likely won't until we have a way better understanding of the brain), your response to pot is certainly consistent with the research. As for mushrooms, while there's some preliminary evidence, I don't think anyone has shown in a real (peer-reviewed) study that it helps.

Ketamine on the other hand has, in a clinical study, been shown to cure depression, and super quickly at that (like within an hour). Not saying any psychiatrist would recommend taking it regularly, but it does seem like a good way to help people in crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wonderful G.F of 4 years battles depression, PTSD, and Bi-Polar. I don't always wake up to the same woman i went to bed next to. And in a matter of seconds, my love can change from a perfect angel, to extremely upset. And it's very tough to turn that around
Your girlfriend needs a better mood stabilizer (depending on her levels maybe more Lithium, or maybe something else like Zyprexa) and she needs to go to sleep/wake up at the same time every day. In my experience if you have those two things (other stuff like a healthy diet and exercise helps, but are less important) you absolutely can be bipolar and NOT be a different person every morning ...

... well, except for the PTSD part: that you can only fix with therapy. Either way good luck to you and her.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-20-2018 at 02:22 PM..
Old 12-20-2018, 02:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do not want to make a bipolar person psychotic (source: I've been both).

If you're curious about the science, scientists have found there is a direct correlation between pot and depression. On the one hand, correlation does not mean causation (eg. maybe pot doesn't make you depressed, maybe it's just that depressed people smoke pot). However, we'll never know, because moral restrictions prevent scientists from ever doing a study where they give fake pot to half the participants, real pot to the other half, and then wait to see who gets more depressed (and potentially suicidal).

So in other words, while science hasn't answered the question (and likely won't until we have a way better understanding of the brain), your response to pot is certainly consistent with the research. As for mushrooms, while there's some preliminary evidence, I don't think anyone has shown in a real (peer-reviewed) study that it helps.

Ketamine on the other hand has, in a clinical study, been shown to cure depression, and super quickly at that (like within an hour). Not saying any psychiatrist would recommend taking it regularly, but it does seem like a good way to help people in crisis.

Your girlfriend needs a better mood stabilizer (depending on her levels maybe more Lithium, or maybe something else like Zyprexa) and she needs to go to sleep/wake up at the same time every day. In my experience if you have those two things (other stuff like a healthy diet and exercise helps, but are less important) you absolutely can be bipolar and NOT be a different person every morning ...

... well, except for the PTSD part: that you can only fix with therapy. Either way good luck to you and her.
What an intellectual response. Love it. And I knew this could only be achieved by smart demographic of people. Fortunately, they tend to frequent RPG's [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2018, 01:21 PM
Banned

Drugs cured my depression.

Sadly it's the only way.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've used CBT to unlearn the extreme negative thought process I have and heal from childhood trauma. Well, mostly. There is always work to do in that area. I never found anything that did much as far as correcting the chemical imbalance though. I do hear about recreational drugs being looked at. I even heard about psychedelic mushrooms and ketamine. Marijuana makes mine worse, for some reason. I'm thinking the dopamine surge has something to do with it.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Quote:
Haven't taken opioids since Feb 20th 2007
Quote:
I've never had kratom before
Quote:
doesn't mean I use the stuff though
are you trying to run for office?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you trying to run for office?
You can't prove it!

*nods off and face plants on the concrete*
Closed Thread