Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Default the server, loot and the way things are

for a better lack of a word is bullshit.

On Tribunal we had a rotation and we had 3 camps . 1 elitist / vagrants, 1 sol invis and one "alliance" which was bascily the smaller guild banding together for planer gear. the three plane were set on a week rotation between these intities. Gods dragons ect were shared by the two top guilds but the smaller guild were given a chance upon request . if the smaller guilds failed to kill said god dragon, they were required to send tell to the respectfull guilds "turn" forsay. It worked and worked well for 4 years.

From where i stand, I see a lot of unnessery compition and all it would take is the leaders to come together out of respect of one another and work something out. Im not gonna sit hear and be foolish tothink dragons /gods will be shared Hoever. wouldnt you guys like to relive an accually planes break? I almost miss those sumbiches shouting "DUIE" and next thing in guild you here is CAMP CAMP!!
Old 11-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

The problem with P99 raiding is that Everyone knows what they are doing, Everyone knows the encounters, and Everyone wants to raid.

Legit 1999 eq servers had 2 maybe 3 guilds able to clear gods/dragons at their leisure because there was little competition.

Here we have at least 6, thats just a rough number im not counting guilds im sure there is more than 6, guilds that are ready able willing and wanting to do planes everyday. I don't believe many, if any, raid guilds are willing to wait 6+ weeks on a god/dragon rotation, even with planar trash respawning every 8 hours there simply isn't enough content to satisfy the population.

Kunark will relieve the stress, not that there will be less competition for the highest end content, just more targets to spread around.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 11-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Kobold

I was in the uber guild on live, and we had ZERO desire to do any sort of rotation...

Why? Because 90% of the time we could mobilize faster and kill the mob before the other guilds had even finished buffing. Why would we agree to split a mob 50/50 when we could have it most of the time anyway.

Pretty sure that mindset has come to this server also... The lower guilds want to do a rotation so they can have a chance at mobs. The top guild dont because they get it most of the time anyway.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Just off the top of my head, I can think of 12 guilds on this server that have the strength to break and clear Plane of Fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just off the top of my head, I can think of 12 guilds on this server that have the strength to break and clear Plane of Fear.
Lol yeah right
Old 11-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Love spending 3+ hours of hardcore killing to clear POF then watching 50 people zone in to try to JACK cazic. Get into a top tier guild and watch those 50 have front row seats to your kill. (true story btw) =D
Old 11-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

What's the complaint exactly? After the new raid rules were posted and sky opened, this has been the first thread really bitching about the raiding scene for months. Rotation sounds lame as fuck. The current system is at least somewhat meritocratic - if you mobilize faster and have better, more talented players, that will trend towards getting more raid targets to kill. Rotation means that every capable guild gets an equal shot at all targets, which is unfair because not every capable guild is equally skilled.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 11-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love spending 3+ hours of hardcore killing to clear POF then watching 50 people zone in to try to JACK cazic. Get into a top tier guild and watch those 50 have front row seats to your kill. (true story btw) =D
Saw that on live all the time.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're telling me you were in fear for 3 hours while cazic was up and no other guild showed interest until you had it cleared?

Yeah.... I call.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Aviak

on VZ we had the top guild locking us out of plane of time by killing the Corinav trigger over and over. it was one groupable and then the event would spwn and have a big timer on it. competition was always there. i cant imagine on a bluebie server there was much reason to be on a rotation either though. the reason all the bluebie servers triggered the sleeper was because they wanted to be the only ones with the avatar weapons. similar on pvp servers but RZ like the true pvp server wanted to prove they were better than everyone else, not just on their server, but gamewide :/ competiton is gamewide... part of the immersion experience
Closed Thread