Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Default Please delete <global ooc>

If mid level pvp wasn't dead already this made sure it was never going to happen. I made my own guild and now that I want to try recruit the random player I happen by once a week he is already in <global ooc> and has no incentive to join. Furthermore you put all of these new people in the same guild and the incentive to fight vs each other is diminished greatly because it feels like they are working together. I was shocked when this compromise was introduced but now that I've seen the result I am disheartened. I came here to pvp and not only is the low population not providing me with what I came here intending to find but now the actions of the staff are also reducing the amount of PVP encounters during the leveling process.

Please fix
Old 04-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Banned

never saw this 1 coming
Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Orc

Sorry bro, but giving new players a way to hang out is more important then your new guild.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

mid level pvp 2?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Banned

Hard to believe this actually made it through every QC process when yellow text, actual global ooc, and hardcoded teams seemingly don't merit a second thought.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

amelinda was just trying her best but it sucks for this server dont be a doodie head
Old 04-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Banned

So wait, people enjoy being in the guild and the benefits it offers, and you want it deleted because you don't like it?

Okay, perfectly logical.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So wait, people enjoy being in the guild and the benefits it offers, and you want it deleted because you don't like it?

Okay, perfectly logical.
You don't know what Global ooc even looks like because your banned...Why do you post here? Do you have absolutely no life?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolanite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't know what Global ooc even looks like because your banned...Why do you post here? Do you have absolutely no life?
Never been banned from either server, for anything, ever.

I do know what it looks like because I've had global OOC. It was spammed, hard, by inbred janitors like Cast, Salty, et al.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Banned

virtually every game since this one has had some form of global chat because the thousands of game developers and hundreds of millions of players all recognize that it is needed and is a good addition to the player experience.

seems as though it is only here that a handful of morons will rail against it because they are afraid someone will make fun of them, and having never learned the "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" philosophy that everyone else picked up in first grade this would be quite traumatic for them.

the primary reason this server is dead is not because of an assholish playerbase, a server admin that abandoned the server or lack of content. it is because it does not provide anything that the playerbase as a whole wanted....... (i say wanted, because the 60 people left largely do not want it that way, the 550 who quit...... did)

1> global ooc? nope, someone might get their feelings hurt.

2> leaderboards? nope, the carebears will get their feelings hurt that they have 10 deaths for each kill.

3> yellow text? of course not, need i point out that the people who suck at and avoid pvp do not need such a heavy blow to their already fragile self esteem?

4> a non interfering staff? whats that? nope we will instead have a series of ever changing vague "rules" that are unevenly enforced with definitions that are periodically changed.

and a lot more i dont feel like remembering offhand.

granted we finally got an xp boost, unfortunately it was months after everyone that quit over the slow xp were already long gone.

the server, server staff & their handholding, hard coded ruleset and the server "rules" all combine to create an experience thet rewards mediocrity, cowardice, zerging and shitty players. pvp'ers want global chat so they can create and foster rivalries with their foes, we want yellow text when we kill someone because it is more fun that way, same reason a pinball machine has lights and noises, leaderboards would be where a lot of the competitiveness of the server between the better players could flesh itself out.

instead we get nothing for defeating the enemy except a 15 minute med break and the defeated loses nothing.
Last edited by Darwoth; 04-13-2012 at 10:09 AM..
Closed Thread