Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Default Any idea on when Kunark will be added?

Like title says, anyone have any ideas on when they think Kunark will be added to the server?
Old 03-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Orc

If the P99 server keeps pace with the original release it will be 8 more months till Kunark. Seems a little long for content the players have already beaten to death, so I would bet on somewhere between 3-5 months.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Sarnak

Much of this is dependent on the devs actually completing Kunark.

There is still a lot of work to do.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taminy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Much of this is dependent on the devs actually completing Kunark.

There is still a lot of work to do.
I might be wrong, but isn't Kunark already done on other eqemu servers? Ie PEQ, VZTZ... is there really any need to 'redo' in for p99?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might be wrong, but isn't Kunark already done on other eqemu servers? Ie PEQ, VZTZ... is there really any need to 'redo' in for p99?
Yes, because Verant (and other servers) have changed it quite a bit since it's release. Case and point: Chardok. There's others I'm sure, but I didn't play Kunark when it was released so I'm not sure. That's just the easiest example.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Kobold

Default FV

Last time I played on EQlive the "good" outpost in Firona Vie was taken over by Inkies and the Wood Elves and High Elves were banished to some nearby ruins by the Drolvarg caves. Like Chardok, that will need re-doing.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, because Verant (and other servers) have changed it quite a bit since it's release. Case and point: Chardok. There's others I'm sure, but I didn't play Kunark when it was released so I'm not sure. That's just the easiest example.
But 90% of the spawns, items, quests etc will be the same so can just be ported across from PEQ. People are talking like they're gonna have to recode every quest in perl and determine every mob's spawnpoint, which shouldn't be needed if the other eqemu projects share that info.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But 90% of the spawns, items, quests etc will be the same so can just be ported across from PEQ. People are talking like they're gonna have to recode every quest in perl and determine every mob's spawnpoint, which shouldn't be needed if the other eqemu projects share that info.
Assuming the 90% figure is accurate, don't assume that 10% of Kunark is some trivial amount of content.

There's also the project unto itself of determining what changed since then, and when, where, and how. Also not trivial, especially considering PEQ is known to contain quite a bit of custom content. Identifying that should be a little easier, but what do I know.

Further, I imagine that the Kunark stuff will only get looked into heavily once most of the issues with "classic" are worked out. I don't know whether the devs have already started in with Kunark, but it wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nice attempt to trivialize the effort involved by completely making up a statistic with no apparent familiarity with the project whatsoever. This game is free for us to play. Some respect and gratitude seem like the least we can return.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:35 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Considering there are over 300 broken quests, melee disciplines have to be re-written from the ground up to work classically, lets not forget spawn times adjusted, & we have to rebuild Nurga and Droga from the ground up since they are the revamped versions.

VP is missing probably 50 mobs, god only knows how many in OS/HS/Karnors are missing. Loot tables have to be revamped, mobs have to have grids, pathing needs to be set on all indoor area's and some outdoor, scripts for events have to be written. Scripts for death/aggro texts, AE's, etc need to be done. OH yeah, the biggy, faction.

Yeah, we have to "redo" lots. While we use what we can from the others that have put in a TON of sweat, tears, blood & soul into the emulator project; much of it either a) isn't classic b) hasn't been done or C) just flat doesn't work (Rare!).

And due to the flaming in this thread that has gone back and forth amongst MANY parties, I'm closing this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Closed Thread