Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Default 40 Nihilum showed up for Nagafen years after box released - No Variance killing Red99

No variance does not allow for competition, even years after the box was released Nagafen is still easily killed with a time commitment of about 30 mins out of a week.

If GM's do not address the static timer and how easymode this box is for the #1 guild it will continue to stay low pop and uninteresting/boring.

We have years of experience with Red99, we know it doesn't work - one guild has kept all mobs down the entire time, it's too easy.

It isn't even a debate anymore, this is broken.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

If they had to keep trackers on top of Naggy, and actually had to invest some sort of effort into getting him, as with all the 7 day timers, this box would be an environment that underdogs could actually compete in.

Ty for your time GM's.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they had to keep trackers on top of Naggy, and actually had to invest some sort of effort into getting him, as with all the 7 day timers, this box would be an environment that underdogs could actually compete in.

Ty for your time GM's.
All this does is make things suck more for Nihilum, or so you think.

The people you hate the most in Nihilum probably play the most (The Duke, Tune)... so they will benefit over the more reasonable human beings in the guild because they will get tracking DKP.

Seriously Stasis, get some data on the average times of day mobs spawned with variance in place. Here's a hint: you're at work or asleep most of the hours of the day... and this shit is truly random.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

server is wack and dead bro give it up

Old 02-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is it broken? Just come and kill us. Easy solution. You lost at PvP, we win the dragon. It's simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
80 people on, 40 tagged nihilum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocsucow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 02-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocsucow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad but true
Old 02-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Large Bat

How is it broken? Just come and kill us. Easy solution. You lost at PvP, we win the dragon. It's simple.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol
Old 02-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And here is the same argument since day 1. No body can "pvp" you because you have the vast majority of the level 60 population who are willing to log on @ 10am EST on a work day to kill dragons once a week in a three hour span. There's no counter to this. There's not enough people to recruit, etc. Because there aren't enough pixels for the other side to get, people get burnt out / quit / app nihilum. It's a never ending cycle that makes the box uninteresting. I'm sure this will get 10,000 LOL U MAD HAHAH PVP US PLAY BETTER responses, shrug, w/e, I have my loot. I can get 85% BiS in Velious without ever touching foot in NToV. But is it going to be fun? Shrug, I don't think so. There's a lot of more compelling PVE games out there than EQ.

Doesn't really matter, the truth is, the devs don't care about this server, and most of the players don't either. People will zerg Velious, get full gear, and then quit forever, and this box will finally die. If I ran this box, I'd allow blue transfers/copies TODAY, I would enable 2 boxing for sub 50 chars, TODAY, I would keep static spawns but mix in a second 10 day complete variance pop with serverwide YT when the mob popped, remove OOC, likely completely shut down the red forums on this site, perma bans for rule violators based on their IP. I would launch this with a one month huge hype phase with bonus XP, classic drops back in the game during this time period. I would make a monthly GM event, maybe more often, where a random raid boss is popped with GM chosen teams to fight for the mob.

Dunno, all things to make this box exciting. Anyways, this thread is about to turn into 100 retti meme posts that I have blocked, a bunch of people from Nihilum saying how the server is great and tons of fun and to play better or something, Stasis and others making 100 QQ posts about the server, and the most important statistic: zero posts from devs.

I did the kill all raid mob bosses every week in a 3 hour window. I didn't find it that fun. It's weird, it becomes a "job" and you feel sub-consciously obligated to log in to do it, so I get the motive for people to continue doing so. It's like a second nature habit where you just "have" to log in even though you don't want to. One day though I took a three week break and realized I didn't have to anymore. It was pretty refreshing. I don't get the people that play here ultimately. Do you play with the three point sliders on max in NBA 2k also? That's what being in Nihilum is like. Ya it's fun to rain threes for a while, but eventually you realize "o man dis is pretty dum," and jack up the difficulty to superstar / hall of fame, and turn the sliders off. #RED99

edit: for all the people who talk about how velious will save the box, you can get 80% of the gear you need with 3 groups on off hours in the course of 2 weeks. people will get the gear, and quit, just like they did in Kunark. the only thing that can "Save" [i.e., 200+ pop with consttant clashes], is two+ viable guilds with consistent mass pvp. Velious won't bring that. It will bring pixels tho. I said this b4 Kunark also tho and no1 listened [although I was completely correct].
Last edited by heartbrand; 02-04-2014 at 12:20 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If I ran this box, I'd allow blue transfers/copies TODAY, I would enable 2 boxing for sub 50 chars, TODAY, I would keep static spawns but mix in a second 10 day complete variance pop with serverwide YT when the mob popped, remove OOC, likely completely shut down the red forums on this site, perma bans for rule violators based on their IP. I would launch this with a one month huge hype phase with bonus XP, classic drops back in the game during this time period. I would make a monthly GM event, maybe more often, where a random raid boss is popped with GM chosen teams to fight for the mob.

This server sounds fun. When does it open?
Closed Thread