Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2014, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Default Question about RED and PvP rules

How does PvP kills and looting work on RED. I started MMO PvP with UO when it launched. UO is a traditional PvP game from the ground up, any death in UO meant someone could loot every single item/money on your corpse. I have no experience with EQ PvP, but I can't believe this is true with EQ.

So what can you loot from your kills? Is EQ more casual PvP where only inventory and PP is lootable? Less/More? With so many quiality items tradeable in EQ, those items must not have much value due to no one willing to wear them unless rolling with a massive force. In UO the use the top gear was very rare, you used the cheap shit in the bank that you had TONS of cause a simple LD could cause you to lose the quality loot. This also kept the value of that gear in check, cause it was such a gamble to ever use it.

I have dabbled with the idea of rolling a RED toon in the last few days since recently discovering playing a toon on BLUE and RED at the same time does not qualify as multi-boxing. Since nothing about playing a single character at a time in EQ is classic for me, this has me curious. Oh the money I spent adding phone lines to my house back in 1999. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Though rest easy, I am a man of law and order. This could really help me with my ADD. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for the time in advance guys, more info the better!