Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2015, 12:26 AM
Kobold

Default Bard Song Mez and Enchanter Mez Question

Quick question. I (enchanter) was grouped with a bard today and he was pulling. We'd sometimes get multiple mobs on the pull and I was trying to lock them down as usual with enthrall as they arrived in camp. I got no resist message and the graphic *white light* effect would occur each time my cast landed. But one tick later the mob is back in action. There was no mez break message either. It's like it landed but didn't land. it was highly annoying to say the least.

Finally I asked him about it and I got the impression he was AE mezzing when he had a multiple pull (Kelin's Lucid Lullaby?). So ... does bard mez overwrite enchanter mez? Or was my mez not actually landing (even though I got no resist message) because he had the mob mezzed with the song? The mobs were not charmed because when he would charm I got the standard "immune to this effect" message.

I thought a longer mez (enthrall) would overwrite a shorter mez (1 tick bard song) or be immune to be overwritten by a shorter mez so I was a bit baffled.

Hope that makes some sense, thanks.