Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2018, 05:45 AM
Sarnak

Default Planning groups for dungeons before logging in.

Hi there,
i want to start something where people can go and look for a group.
Specially for dungeons. Its better to get good groups going before you go in. Outside groups can be more random and need less planning.
During the last few days I was a lot in befallen and met some nice people there.
Now comes the BUT:
Its always hard work to get a group together, /lfg not always works because people are soloing or just didn’t put it up.
On the other hand: asking people directly after searching needed classes often gives a positive response and people start traveling to join in. Still this is very time consuming and if people drip in from time to time someone maybe has to leave already.
Also people are /lfg all over Norrath and can’t come to join if they have to travel such long distances first.
Eg. : Befallen group is looking for more, the needed class is sitting in crushbone.
Either way would travelling take to long time.
Probably it is possible to make dates here and meet together and travel together.
Like: Then and then let’s do runnyeye
Needed buffs are already up (like SoW probably) and someone maybe knows the best way or NPCs better to avoid and so on, preventing people from dying on the way there.
Or how plan where to bind nearby to avoid long CRs after a wipe or whatever tips somebody has before we start.
Read the maps or check if there is loot someone wants and how to get it.
I am not sure if it is possible to manage it via Forum and how many player actually use it. Also many people only have alts in low level range and mostly play their mains but I wanted to give it a try.
Dungeons are a great part of the game and i really enjoy them (not from the beginning, after my first times in Guk I was sure I would never play dungeons in EQ).
Others may think the same but they need a bit planning and many people have a RL or worse: a family /JK
Those things are much more important and time consuming (in a positive way)
So maybe others may find it more important to better plan our online time to not just sitting around waiting. Do more fun stuff together and good balanced groups and maybe get some nice loots.
Not to have a ping pong between runnyeye, befallen, najena and guk where people are lfg but never enough at one spot.
How should this be done? I vote open a thread with a wish and see if someone wants to join in. if it seems there are enough people interested the event will take place.
After that, the thread can die.

I don’t know if there are costum chat channels in game for specific level.
That would help also to find groups but still no planning before.

I am sure someone had this idea before and the reason it’s not taking place is because it wasn’t working to well.
Maybe someone more experienced on P99 can say something if it makes no sense to put effort in this.
Remember: We lowlvels have longer travel times. So better planning makes sense. After i got all my portal spells its much easier to travel spontaniously.
/raises her fist caus we lowbees must stick together to grow in Norrath, this harsh environment

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>