Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Aviak

There is absolutely zero chance the DB is gone. At worst, they would have to restore a backup from X days/weeks ago. Give it up
Sarnak

Yeah I had no idea this many old school ppl regularly posted. Rexx, Knuckle, Stasis, etc etc etc

- Have a low IQ
- Got caught trying to impress people here by lying about being a combat medic in Afghanistan
- Got cheated on by your girlfriend with your bff, cried about it on your LiveJournal and posted her personal info on the internet
- Fat
- Hated as much off the internet as you are on it apparently, since you managed to get the shit beaten out of you near death by some random people in a bar for being.. well, you
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Best thing for this server would be a fresh start. This server started off on the wrong foot in several ways back in 2011. A wipe would bring new blood and an equal playing field. No matter who you were before the wipe, it will be a lot more fun post wipe. I have been on both sides of it so i understand.

Teams sounds like it would cause a lot of problems in an already problem filled game. Just leave it FFA. Teams = Guilds
Banned

I like 0 teams because then things are more fluid, more sandboxy. If you dislike most people in guilds on your team doing content then youre stuck there.

Without a system where you cant create anymore characters on a side if one side gets too powerful, i think its hard to devise something that has balance.

Even then, you have people who created characters but not playing anymore, it gets messy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Kazowi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teams = Guilds
Old 07-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guild(Ruin) went on sullon zek as evils because we wanted ogre warriors. Little did we know that everybody and their mother joined evils as well.

Team evil ended up with ~10 or so starting guild, team newt with ~3 and team good had little to no guild support at the beginning. Team newt was like the classic of this server, they took shit the evils left up. They didnt contest shit and when they did they got obliterated. Goodies were total non-factor for the longest time(probably for the whole duration of the server).

So from my personal experience, teams arent that good of an idea. One side will clearly take over the raid scene, and it will make the other team(s) join them up instead of fighting.

Teams cant really work with free emu accounts because people can make unkillable spies and other atrocities that were rarely seen on live. You'd also have to make it so you can only make one character per account? or something.

If you're really set on making a team server, I'd say the sullon zek ruleset is what you're looking for though. No rules on training(except same faction zone disruption). No level restrictions on pvp. Yellow text for in-range killing. three teams, deity based but every races/classes can choose any deity.

I wouldnt expect it to be succesful past the first 3 months though.
yup one toon per account like FV i think. i had to delete my 24 halfling druid (newt) to reroll evil. shit was legit.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Banned

Hey Duke Niz, I've grown to respect and admire your dedication to EQ over the past 18 months, but can you be real with me for a moment and tell me your estimated /played time on all used characters during your time on Red?

If we say the server has been up for 615 real days, would you estimate your /played at 250 or more days?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guild(Ruin) went on sullon zek as evils because we wanted ogre warriors. Little did we know that everybody and their mother joined evils as well.

Team evil ended up with ~10 or so starting guild, team newt with ~3 and team good had little to no guild support at the beginning. Team newt was like the classic of this server, they took shit the evils left up. They didnt contest shit and when they did they got obliterated. Goodies were total non-factor for the longest time(probably for the whole duration of the server).

So from my personal experience, teams arent that good of an idea. One side will clearly take over the raid scene, and it will make the other team(s) join them up instead of fighting.

Teams cant really work with free emu accounts because people can make unkillable spies and other atrocities that were rarely seen on live. You'd also have to make it so you can only make one character per account? or something.

If you're really set on making a team server, I'd say the sullon zek ruleset is what you're looking for though. No rules on training(except same faction zone disruption). No level restrictions on pvp. Yellow text for in-range killing. three teams, deity based but every races/classes can choose any deity.

I wouldnt expect it to be succesful past the first 3 months though.
what do you think your combined everquest playtime is from live/blue99/red99....... over/under 1800 days /played ??
Old 07-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

I don't know if we're talking a brand new server or implementing teams here, but...

2 teams would be beneficial in that it would cut down a HUGE amount on pvp. Don't call me blue; this would be good for the server. More bluebies coming over, more exping, more friends. Fewer enemies sure, but enough around to make things fun. 2 teams wouldn't do as much to break Nihilum up though, if the devs are wanting to put the teams on the current server. I could see Nihilum using their multiple characters to raid content on both teams, and the server pretty much becoming Nihilum vs. server all over again.

3 teams makes the most sense to me (as much as I'd like 4...), and nothing weird like barbarians on evil team. SZ teams make RP sense, and maybe agnostics should have their team decided by their race. 3 > 2 because it allows for more crazy politics. This would do more to break up Nihilum, and we would have a bit more pvp this way. But I think the devs should get creative about this, if they have the time and ability to do some coding.

Since evil team has their advantages (big races, more race/class combinations), it'd be cool if they could attack their own team. And in a similar vein, I think good/neutral teams should be able to group and cast beneficial spells on one another only while grouped. People may cry about immy healing and such, but I think this would allow for some very interesting situations, which is why I play pvp EQ in the first place. And this way, it's kinda like having 2 teams, just lots more fun :P

Red99
Old 07-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

I am for a Sullon Zek revamp because it's been prophesied that Fansy will return.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

anyone who rolls a dark elf has no self respect.