Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 01:12 PM
VIP / Contributor

oh! and as far as the lowbie event, we went to lowbie dungeons and set them up then alerted the zones before a public broadcast because we were worried about the big level players ganking them. the zones were MM, Kurns, and Crushbone, and the items were SMR, Efreeti Boots, FBSS, +55hp Ring, and a Goblin Earring.

we had to boycott Unrest because there was a 50ish druid there.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 11-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

On live, I probably participated in a dozen or a score of GM events. I never got a damned thing to show for any of it, and lost who knows how many levels. None of that matters. That's not the purpose of events.

Trolls gonna be holes.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty upset I didn't get anything. GM favoritism / gang violence.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Banned

tmo about to sink like titanic, ib and fe looking strong
Old 11-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Banned

I wonder if OP realizes what a giant entitled prick he sounds like
Old 11-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

To the staff: lots of us do appreciate you guys, even if shit isnt always perfect. Sounds like there was some fun to be had and I'm sorry i missed out.

Thanks for holding events, especially on works nights and with the aftermath of people who inevitably complain.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 PM
VIP / Contributor

I killed Flippie. I have beat EverQuest. I shall retire.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Aviak

A halloween funny bit,

Some guy was doing the Charley Brown bit, linking a throwing boulder and complaining about getting a rock.

Thanks to the GMs and helpers for trying.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sure are mad about the volunteer staff putting in their personal time on a work night to do something for the 400 people who were participating. Maybe you should rethink your position on this server.

Don't like the event? Don't participate. You're confusing poor organization with a desyncing problem we had no way of anticipating (when was the last time 400 people showed up to an event on p99?). Once we realized the issue, we adjusted, and things ran much more smoothly. I'd love to see your 400 person event on p99. I'm sure you'd do much better.

Done with this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] qq more about your free, volunteer run server, please. Your tears feed Cazic Thule.
As someone who started in the servers conception, I will always say I appreciate everything Nilbog and the staff do to keep this running.

However, this arguement of "We spend our free time to do this for you!" gets old. You, as a GM, know what you should be getting into at the time you volunteer. You know the amount of work that comes with it. You know the population expects a certain level of quality out of you. You should understand that anything you do (be it GMing, running events, posting on forums) should be done with a level of professionalism. The whole "I do this stuff in my free time just for you!" is a shitty arguement. If that's your stance, then you should re-think your ability as a GM and step down.

It's like going into a soup kitchen, serving a homeless guy raw turkey on Christmas because you didn't cook it properly, then when the homeless guy gets upset you get pissed off because "Hey, I'm spending my own time doing this for you!". If you can't handle the volunteer job and the level of quality that should come with it, then you don't do the volunteer job.

I won't say much about the event, wasn't there, but it sounds like it was handled poorly. Instead of this giant RnF circle jerk thread, a simple "Hey, things didn't go as we expected and we apologize for that. But we did our best and we hope some people had some fun" would of gone a lot further than the shit GMs and players have been shitting back and forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 11-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

I think the real issue here is

Did this CT/draco reset the spawn windows?