Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I make a pizza, I don't say to myself...

"Hm, I should try to experiment with this and dump chocolate syrup all over it"
But you might say "I wonder what a dab of chocolate syrup would taste like on this" and add a few droplets.

That's what I hope Nilbog is aiming for. Not the scare-the-blue-players-away loot systems that hardcore PvP fans love. But just a little pinch to see how it goes. And if it's awesome, maybe expand it little-by-little until he finds the right balance.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I make a pizza, I don't say to myself...

"Hm, I should try to experiment with this and dump chocolate syrup all over it"
You've obviously never had mole sauce.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 11-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Banned

Just by a glance at your sigquest, I will never be taking cooking advice from you.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Haha!

No seriously though Mole sauce is really really good. Make it with some grilled chicken and then put that shit on pizza with some fresh mozzarella and parmesan. Oh damn.

Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 11-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Banned

Is that what that chicken is marinating in? I had a picture of scummy teeth taken away, but this... this is A-OK.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you might say "I wonder what a dab of chocolate syrup would taste like on this" and add a few droplets.

That's what I hope Nilbog is aiming for. Not the scare-the-blue-players-away loot systems that hardcore PvP fans love. But just a little pinch to see how it goes. And if it's awesome, maybe expand it little-by-little until he finds the right balance.
This has already been discussed to death in other threads. These aren't hardcore PvP rules. They scare off some people because they haven't tried it and don't understand how bad PvP servers can get without these rules. The rules are not put in there to grief but to shape the end game dynamic between small guilds and large zergs. If devs shape the server because of a few blue players being scared to make the plunge and lose their chain mail leggings the server will suck.

Very few players on here want "hardcore" winner takes all rules in PvP. The ones shooting for item loot and no no drop items are trying to avoid being steam rolled by large zergs.

You will have teams to back you up. No one will be alone on this server. You will have the best players on your team backing you up every time someone comes at you. If you lose something I don't think it would be abnormal for a high level on your team to come to your aid and give you an item from their bank.

It will bring teams together and encourage unity. If there is nothing to lose then everyone just acts like dicks and PvP/PvE becomes meaningless. PvE is so dumbed down and there is nothing the devs can do about it because people know the content to well. PvP can make a server fun every time you log in.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Nah Mole sauce is a thick savory chocolate ... thing ... It comes out really thick like a glaze almost when you cook stuff in it.

That disgusting shit in my signature is chicken in a can. Also delicious...but in the way that stinky cheese is delicious.

Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 11-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

experimenting with chocolate syrup on pizza is fine. It's when you expect other people other than yourself to eat it is where you run into a problem.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:26 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah Mole sauce is a thick savory chocolate ... thing ... It comes out really thick like a glaze almost when you cook stuff in it.
Yar, but there's a lot more to moles than the mole negro. If you're ever in Oaxaca (or probably a lot of southern Mexico), they have mole tasting menus.

Would highly recommend.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

If I ever find myself in Mexico I will pursue the shit out of that.

All we get here in Michigan is the mole negro that's stocked in the international aisle. I could definitely try some off amazon though I'm sure. Do you have any in particular you would recommend?

Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Closed Thread