Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTE sniping should be allowed. Who determines what a minimum kill force is?
Apparently my NY resolution is to agree with Alarti on a bunch of shit.

FTE sniping makes sense - if you get FTE and manage to pull off a win, congrats. If you FTE and you wipe, try better next time.

And, as anyone from A-Team will tell you, nobody on this server has any idea what a minimum kill force is.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:49 PM
Aviak

FTE sniping is about the same as DA stalling.. you are delaying an opposition raid force from engaging a target when you are not prepared to engage yourself, yet DA stalling is not allowed but FTE sniping is?

You say you want competition but do you want fair competition or this type of competition? Because if it's this type you're going to have to give up more raid targets to the "tier B" guilds before you come to some kind of agreement.

You're in here trying to make concessions about how many targets you are willing to give up per month so you can get back to raiding again rather than addressing the root cause of the current shitty raiding environment, which is your attitude.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTE sniping is about the same as DA stalling.. you are delaying an opposition raid force from engaging a target when you are not prepared to engage yourself, yet DA stalling is not allowed but FTE sniping is?

You say you want competition but do you want fair competition or this type of competition? Because if it's this type you're going to have to give up more raid targets to the "tier B" guilds before you come to some kind of agreement.

You're in here trying to make concessions about how many targets you are willing to give up per month so you can get back to raiding again rather than addressing the root cause of the current shitty raiding environment, which is your attitude.
/thread
Old 12-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Who says someone isn't prepared to engage a target? FTE sniping is a convenient bitching term when the opposing teams makes a stupid mistake. That is all.

Also, I could care less about raiding again. TMO would have a huge advantage if raiding was shut down until Velious. Your point is non-existent. I am trying to make a nicer raid scene while still maintain some fun for the competitive guilds. I think your demanding and entitled attitude is adding to a shitty environment.

My proposal offers a 1000% increase in raid mob availability including some BIS items/epics/raid tools. All of these mobs come from the TMO/FE/IB raid schedule in the past. TMO/FE/IB would be giving up in excess of 22 mobs a month + whatever else the other guilds take during competitive times. What are the casual guilds offering in compromise? Complaints? Demands? QQ's?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

Perhaps I assumed FTE sniping meant one force tagged and immediately engaged a mob before a competing raid force was able to tag.

That's proper use of the term, really. You aren't sniping if you don't hit the target.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

FTE sniping makes sense - if you get FTE and manage to pull off a win, congrats. If you FTE and you wipe, try better next time.

And, as anyone from A-Team will tell you, nobody on this server has any idea what a minimum kill force is.
So what is the difference between then, people engaging an NPC and using Soulfire click and Discs to hold the NPC off for more to arrive and someone using a DA idol to hold the NPC off for more to arrive.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what is the difference between then, people engaging an NPC and using Soulfire click and Discs to hold the NPC off for more to arrive and someone using a DA idol to hold the NPC off for more to arrive.
Hoo hoo ! I didn't think of soulfires... I'd love to outlaw those too. Its a broken mechanic that was nerfed for a reason ... + its super super lame. Mine as well just have cleric bots here like on eqlive.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

If that's what this server considers FTE sniping...well, misnomer aside, that's not exactly in line with the overall goal of this attempt at an agreement, is it?
Old 12-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

usualy before FTE shouts where made, guilds would try to get fte , then kill /petition and find out who the fuck should get it based in who FTE.

that tactic is gone with FE shouts , minus using eyes i think, eyes would not trigger the fte shouts
Old 12-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hoo hoo ! I didn't think of soulfires... I'd love to outlaw those too. Its a broken mechanic that was nerfed for a reason ... + its super super lame. Mine as well just have cleric bots here like on eqlive.
Basically there would need to be a No Stalling rule. So time between FTE message and full engage is what would need to be worked out maybe?
Closed Thread