Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, closing P99 in an attempt to force people onto beta, is ludicrous. If people didn't want to test before, I am sure making them (or else no pixels for you), is exactly the right way to go about giving people a worth while incentive...right good plan.
Aside from giving out free Guises, how would you suggest the staff get people to beta test?
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:26 PM
Banned

It worked well for kunark
Old 11-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

Well, I'm depressed. I don't own a level 60 character but I have a couple lower level characters that I was really looking forward to doing quests for involving Old World content that had updates during Velious that I could do with them.

I copy my EQLite install folder, toss in the Beta spell file, /beta copy a pair of toons, enter onto the Beta server, and lo and behold... it looks like old world zones aren't included with the beta test so I can try out those new quests.

Specifically, I wanted to check out the expanded cleric necklace quests for Cazic-Thule, Brell, and especially Tunare. I figured I could kill some time on the weekend during the shutdown to confirm that they were in, and be all set for the later Velious launch with my toons, ya know?

I'll probably still do some testing on the weekend but meh. Lower to mid level content checking for Old World for players with sub level 50 characters was a big interest for me.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 11-27-2014 at 09:26 PM..
Old 11-27-2014, 11:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, closing P99 in an attempt to force people onto beta, is ludicrous. If people didn't want to test before, I am sure making them (or else no pixels for you), is exactly the right way to go about giving people a worth while incentive...right good plan.
This. Just going to find something else to do until I can play the character I want to progress on live. Not like I would know what to look out for, anyway.

You know what classic EQ was? Releasing an expansion with a ton of bugs. Try it.
Last edited by Faiding; 11-27-2014 at 11:46 PM..
Old 11-27-2014, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Just going to find something else to do until I can play the character I want to progress on live. Not like I would know what to look out for, anyway.

You know what classic EQ was? Releasing an expansion with a ton of bugs. Try it.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=157067

there you go.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
First, closing P99 in an attempt to force people onto beta, is ludicrous.
Personally I don't mind them shutting down the server to get some additional testers. They will see a spike in testers. I just don't think doing it over a holiday weekend has added benefit. Generally the server would see an increase due to casual players jumping online but I don't see those casual players sticking around to test beta so they could do this shut down anytime and get the same results. Now they're just kind of saying, oh well, to the casual population who aren't the regular power gamers and also probably don't nerd rage should a bug pop up and keep them from pixels.

Last edited by Randy; 11-29-2014 at 02:06 AM..
Old 11-28-2014, 01:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
3-4 days out the year? We've had DDoS attacks last longer than that iirc. Most people I talked with didn't want to beta because it would set them behind the pack raidwise and what not. With everyone locked out there's no direct incentive but now there also isn't a deterrent, so why not do it?
Old 11-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I don't mind them shutting down the server to get some additional testers. They will see a spike in testers. I just don't think doing it over a holiday weekend has added benefit.
This server is run by volunteers. It's not their day job. They probably want an increase in testing to happen when they can be involved more, such as over a holiday weekend.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:19 AM
Sarnak

Grown men, whiner cry babies make me wanna puke.
Don't wanna beta test on the free sever.. Then take a weekend off. No one cares.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

As I have only been on the server for about a month so far, currently level 34 and to top it off a Paladin - the amount of content that I could explore in Velious is extremely limited without having contacts in raid guilds. Certainly my favorite expansion - just would be more difficult than beneficial.

Guess I have to spend time with the girlfriend.

Oreh Stun the Nuts Hero
Paladin
EQMac
Xegony
Closed Thread