Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Kobold

Don't the magic Mesh gloves on frogs from Upper Guk grant H2H magic-ness? That could be a cheap wisp killing solution.

Formerly:
Imagin Uhaveclarity - Level 67 Gnome Enchanter, Innoruuk (Shortly after Kunark to a couple months before Luclin, back again around LDON through OOW)
Tegeril Whitewolf - Level 52 Wood Elf Druid, Innoruuk (Opening of Innoruuk - half of Kunark)
Old 11-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't the magic Mesh gloves on frogs from Upper Guk grant H2H magic-ness? That could be a cheap wisp killing solution.
Yes and you can often find them on the vendor at the EFP gate.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The weight penalty is pretty much negligible under level 14 or so, see:

http://moestaverne.com/p1999wiki/index.php/Monk
"negligible", maybe - but still noticeable. My monk gets hit a lot harder when his weight is at 30 as opposed to 14.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Kobold

Lyrik and Girth's advice about finding mesh gloves is spot on, Auvyen. You can go to Upper Guk right now if you wanted to. The frogloks at the entrance drop mesh, so you can stick around there and learn the entrance area while you xp and farm. You could always wait until around lvl 9 and go with a shaman, though. Shaman get Spirit of Wolf at level 9, so you wouldn't need help from someone outside your level range and might actually outrun some mobs that aggro you on the way to Upper Guk.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Large Rat

I can start killing wisps at level 9, so I don't really have to worry about the gloves till then. But the question remains if I should go to Guk or to Qeynos to pick up the netted gloves. Also do I need netted shoes to be able to kick willow wisps?
Old 11-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Guk.

Formerly:
Imagin Uhaveclarity - Level 67 Gnome Enchanter, Innoruuk (Shortly after Kunark to a couple months before Luclin, back again around LDON through OOW)
Tegeril Whitewolf - Level 52 Wood Elf Druid, Innoruuk (Opening of Innoruuk - half of Kunark)
Old 11-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Pretty sure gloves will work fine for whisps. Once you hit 10 you start getting strikes, which i believe use your hand slot or are magic already.

Someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Nice choice going with the Monk for this adventure. Of all the classes i've tried, the monk has been my constant. It's a great tool of all trades class. FD makes for safe exploring and soloing, and the high DPS makes them valuable to groups and for some fast pace farming. No staring at mana or buying spells, and the ability to defend yourself on a corpse run is a great plus. You can make it in the world with nothing but your own two fists.

If I don't feel like twisting on my bard or chain healing on my druid, my monk makes for great laid back playing.
Closed Thread