Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I myself rolled an Ogre, as I love Ogres, but I hate giving up regen. If I had rolled a troll/iksar, I would be thinking the same thing about stun resist though.

That being said, does regen really do that little once you have torpor? Would there ever be a scenario where a troll would have to torpor one less time compared to an ogre/barbarian in a group situation? I have a strong feeling the answer is no, but I'm curious either way.

In the end, I usually hear that the only racial that makes any difference is the stun resist. That, or the small AC bonus from Iksar (despite the fact that they lose out on other things). I used to play on Rallos Zek, so believe me... I love any extra regen I can get. But Torpor, if you can afford it eventually, really seems like it would make the extra regen pointless, with stun resist being the only racial that even helps a tiny amount in the end.

-Edit-
Also, I feel that most people who claim the stun resist doesn't do much usually do not play ogres. Those that are 100% for ogres seem to not be able to live without the stun resist. Trust me, if you've played NOTHING but ogres, you notice the stuns. It's so odd tanking something only to end up getting stunned on a non-ogre race. It's the only thing I truly loved about AAs. Some classes got stun resist as an AA, and it opened up so many other choices... Iksar Warrior... mmmm.
Last edited by Rodcet; 03-27-2015 at 08:26 PM..
Old 03-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodcet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said, does regen really do that little once you have torpor?
That's sort of a subjective question, but a Troll standing regens 12HP a tick. A Troll (or any Shaman) with Torpor on them regens 300 per tick. That should give you some idea.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's sort of a subjective question, but a Troll standing regens 12HP a tick. A Troll (or any Shaman) with Torpor on them regens 300 per tick. That should give you some idea.
So, 120 HP per minute vs 40 HP per minute, standing, at 60. I can see why, once you have torpor, an extra 80 HP per minute wouldn't do a whole lot. Over time, possibly, but I think torpor in a group situation should be topping you off. Never played a high-end shaman, so I dunno.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:56 PM
Orc

If you're thinking 60, then its Ogre, period.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey83 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're thinking 60, then its Ogre, period.
wrong. If you're thinking Frontal stun is the most important to me then its ogre, period.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Banned

I will concede that arguably ogre is the best class for shaman, because you dont get obnoxious tells from noobs that try to convince otherwise every time you're camping something.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

FSI is pretty much a waste since it does nothing to keep your spells from being interrupted. I play an Ogre and I know this to be true.

On top of that, you are a Shaman. If you don't have time to cast a spell, eat lunch, take the dog for a walk, between mob swings, then you are doing it wrong anyway.

Really, anybody pointing to FSI as some game-breaking reason to play an Ogre is in denial. Ogres are cool though, so just admit that that is the reason you rolled one and move on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FSI is pretty much a waste since it does nothing to keep your spells from being interrupted. I play an Ogre and I know this to be true.

On top of that, you are a Shaman. If you don't have time to cast a spell, eat lunch, take the dog for a walk, between mob swings, then you are doing it wrong anyway.

Really, anybody pointing to FSI as some game-breaking reason to play an Ogre is in denial. Ogres are cool though, so just admit that that is the reason you rolled one and move on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know that when you're getting interrupted, it's because of bash damage that didn't stun you?

Serious question.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, I decided I'm going with the Iksar. Any starting stat ideas, aside from full on WIS ( referring to Timelord )
The reasons you go full wisdom is because it helps at lower levels more then hp does especially since you can regen hp faster then mana. Also when Velious hits and you can just buff up your stamina to the cap, you will rather have spent those points to get you near the wisdom cap. I think its like 250 or 255. With avatar its really easy to reach max stamina.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reasons you go full wisdom is because it helps at lower levels more then hp does especially since you can regen hp faster then mana. Also when Velious hits and you can just buff up your stamina to the cap, you will rather have spent those points to get you near the wisdom cap. I think its like 250 or 255. With avatar its really easy to reach max stamina.
Put another way, WIS is the only base stat (that you care about) that you can't buff through the roof later on.

That's also why WIS is the most important stat to look at in Shammy equipment (the others being Mana, which you likewise can't self-buff, and Resists which buffs alone won't make super-high).