Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Default Do people still have class reunions?

I'm curious.. 2011 will be my 10 year highschool reunion. Thing is, most everyone in our class is on Facebook and friends, so what's the point?

Of course, for older folks, where most maybe are not linked into social networking, it makes more sense. But for my generation, highschool was all about Myspace, and now it's for sure all about Facebook.

So I'm curious, anyone recently had a reunion? Do you just get together and talk about each others recent status updates that everyone knew already?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Heres my question for you... why are you still friends with those a-holes from highschool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Not everyone was a loser in high school Nalkin
Old 12-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Everyone at Akyra's school looked like the quarterback of the football team compared to her.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 12-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

The one high school friend that I keep in touch with told me that my class was planning an reunion back in 09. We both agreed that we had no intention of pretending that we were going, even for a second.

Months later, she told me that the reunion was cancelled due to lack of interest.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone at Akyra's school looked like the quarterback of the football team compared to her.
do you say this cause i'm black? you racist fuck
Old 12-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

The point of your 10-year HS reunion is to hook up with all the girls you went to HS with but snubbed you, married early to a douchebag and are already divorced, and are now cruisin' for some former guy classmates who had 10 years to clean up their act and be the answer to their sexual prayers.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Good plan Yendor!! yaaa

And I completely expect nothing to come out for my 10 year, and if it does, I completely expect it to be cancelled due to lack of interest.

I'm not really friends with any of them. I login facebook maybe once a month. It's weird. I held off for a long time, but finally made my facebook, and it was kinda crazy all the people that I found, or who found me. But most of my highschool class, is friends with everyone else in the class, even though I'm positive most don't ever talk to each other.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

I actually put in a fair amount of effort to erase my trail post high school, I to this day have never created a profile on or even browsed a social networking site simply because I don't want un-solicited 'Hey we were buds in HS, let's be friends now!'
The one friend I do have from HS is sworn to secrecy. I hated pretty much every asshole I went to HS with.
had you gone to the crap-tastic high school in central Arizona that I did, you would want that part erased from your past as well. I'm certain.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

I had a pretty good time in highschool. Was in the band, and I didn't like a lot of the jocks, but funny how things change after. A lot of the jocks I hated in highschool, ended up being pretty nice people once they shed the omg I can't talk to you because it's uncool. That happened in college, and precisely when they needed help in their 101 intro college science classes. Bitches! lol