Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranndom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats the beauty of dial imo.../ all dial over / all druid anyday lol
It's nice because if someone shows up under /all dial, theyre available to port. Shouldn't be saying no!
Old 08-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's nice because if someone shows up under /all dial, theyre available to port. Shouldn't be saying no!
Exactly. Having the tag on is equivalent to a taxi from a cab company having their service light on; the available taxis are easily recognizable. This is the essence of DAP as far as the customer is concerned.

EDIT: And to whoever doubts the character of the current leader: I've known the guy for years before he even played P99 and he is one of the nicest, most sincere people I've ever had the privilege to know.
Last edited by capco; 08-09-2015 at 07:31 PM..
Old 08-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

I've never had a bad interaction with these people. And they were nails getting people to and from Vox the other day.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 08-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by milsorgen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't feel bad. They have a monopoly on porting and use it to influence the free market in their favor, not ours.

They should be broken up really.
No they don't. I am an unguilded 60 druid and get plenty of port requests.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

My main is a druid and has never and will never be a part of dial-a-port. But I approve of what they do, it's their time and if they want to provide a service for others, that's great. I use them often when I'm not on my druid. I too have no problems getting ports if I'm bored enough to want to do so, even with /role or /anon on people still seem to be able to find me.

So thanks Dial-a-port for using you're time to provide the server with a much needed service.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by milsorgen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't feel bad. They have a monopoly on porting and use it to influence the free market in their favor, not ours.

They should be broken up really.
damn this is how real p99Norrath is: There are legit conspiracies about corporations influencing the market in their favor to earn massive profits, lmao. and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaleth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, We offer a service that's it, don't want to use us, don't.
And then they answer exactly how a RL greedy ass corporation does lol!

I LOVE YOU ROGEAN!

Asher
Old 08-11-2015, 08:17 AM
Orc

When leveling my Druid up on live back in the day, I thought I'd get in on this lucrative porting market.

After doing it on and off for about a week, I just went back to leveling and probably made the same or more money that way. It wasn't the goldmine I thought it would be, but the grass always looks greener on the other side. I guess its an ok way of making cash inbetween household chores or when you don't have the time to commit to a group (and on occasion you'd get a tell offering you 200pp for a port, but that was rare). But it wasn't my thing really.

When KEI was a thing, I half had it in my mind to level up an Enchanter and sit in PoK all day, but that thought lasted all of 5 seconds and I remembered that thing about the grass. You did read what I said earlier about grass didn't you? No you didn't. You just skipped through this and now you're going to pick one thing out the one thing you did read and respond to it but I've already addressed it. Why do I even bother
Old 08-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnatabar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Despite my personal opinion about the need for a Porting guild, and that they are all for the money instead of enjoying the class(es), there is one thing that really bothers me about DAP.

They are not allowed to do charity ports.

THAT is not true. I can personally account several times DAP ported me for free so I could get my corpse.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn this is how real p99Norrath is: There are legit conspiracies about corporations influencing the market in their favor to earn massive profits, lmao. and

And then they answer exactly how a RL greedy ass corporation does lol!

I LOVE YOU ROGEAN!
Woot! I was quoted on how big businesses operate. Never thought I wold see the day![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But if you ever come across a fungi, I'll buy it off you for 5 plat or maybe less, or I'll label you as big business corporate greed! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Agreed?
Old 08-11-2015, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

DAP ruined my port business, but its free market...so I don't really care. I decided to stop spamming /ooc and /auction and let whomever needs a port msg me. Furthermore, they shouldn't be disbanded because of people thinking its "not classic." It may have not been classic on the server(s) you played on, but it may have been on another. Stop QQing about your lack of income because of smarter people with common goal.