Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromgard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even though PvP is extremely unbalanced and the griefing while leveling up blows, it's probably actually not the main reason that Blue people don't come to red.

The first time I tried Red months ago, I quit because it was difficult to find a group or anyone else to play with at low levels. <Thunderdome> has somewhat alleviated that.

The second time, I almost quit because it was impossible to find any gear to buy for a melee. A friend tossed me a few hundred plat and even after auctioning for hours a day and making threads on the forums, I couldn't find a decent weapon to buy or even some large bronze armor. I'm still facing similar problems at 50.

Both of these problems stem from low population. It's a catch 22. Low pop keeps the pop from growing. So how do you fix it? Here are some suggestions for the Red overlords:

1) Spend more time in newbie zones helping noobs level and acquire some basic gears/spells.

2) Make twink alts to combat the griefers in CB/Unrest/etc. to allow more groups to take place. I'm sure some Empire alt would LOVE to take on Exed.

3) Be more lenient on the requirements to get tagged in your guild. Most of the top-end guilds have a level requirement of 50+ or 60. Many GREAT players (from blue or elsewhere) will never make it to 50+, but that could change if they had the encouragement and support of a guild with a lot of resources.

I think asking whole guilds from Blue to migrate to Red is extremely unrealistic. But if Red players could do a little more to be welcoming to the individuals who are trying Red for the first time, it could go a long way.
mad. did not read
Old 09-19-2015, 08:25 PM
Banned

I actually have fun on red when I play. Worst thing was Exed. Though it was amusing when he tried to root me over and over and got no where. Though it sucked when I couldn't land a nuke and had to run.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually have fun on red when I play.
So do I, it's the best modern classic gaming experience.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mad. did not read
Found the lowlife griefer.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

I've felt extraordinarily welcome on red. Even most of the PKs I've rune into don't qualify as griefers. They are just out to pvp and get some kills... On a pvp server I think that's a reasonable ambition. Of course I didn't level through CB / Unrest, but the fact that we are able to name the couple peeps who operate there speaks contrary to the argument that griefing is rampant. The economy is a bit frustrating, but global ooc makes things somewhat more manageable, as do the weekends. I just hit 47 yesterday and have not had much issue finding groups to level thanks to TD ^^
Old 09-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Nobody likes to die in pvp, but it happens - you just get up and get on with it ( call LNS {loot n scoot} if you need to, and the killer can't touch you as long as you loot your corpse and leave the zone).

Also the best way to improve, as with pve... is to practice. If you dodge pvp for 50 levels you'll be a weaker player than someone who has used his skills or has at least an idea of what to do.

Since I moved to red my enchanter/wizard pvp has improved but I'm still learning... I'm no veteran. They'll catch you out with something, and you'll think on it and be more prepared for next time. Unlike discord server... you can always respawn and learn some more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Practice today on red <3
Old 09-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Also, intimate knowledge of ordinary game mechanics taken for granted in page encounters is very much of use in pvp despite the less straightforward nature of your adversary. It is important to keep in mind all the things that you can do to players and players to you outside of pvp in addition to all the things you can do to NPCs in ordinary pve content. PVP and PVE are not the same, but there is overlap and recognizing it is key to transition from one to the other.

Coordination is another huge obstacle for Americans (or perhaps westerners in general?) in pvp. In PvE players designate specific roles and duties (main assist, healer, back up heals, cc, etc), but in pvp that seems to break down for most people. Communication ceases and people just randomly engage one another. Don't let that happen, if you are in a group when pvp breaks out and nobody's leading, take control, communicate a plan and assign roles ^^

These are just some of my observations. I haven't killed anyone yet, and do expect to top the charts anytime soon because in general I utterly lack the concentration or mental alacrity for quickly analyzing dynamic situations. That doesn't prevent me from putting up a respectable fight or improving though ^^.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Bottom line, if you consider pvp to be griefing you're gonna have a bad time ^^ If you take and accept it for what it is, you'll have a much more enjoyable time.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Kobold

50+ game is entirely different. Your opinion may change
Closed Thread