Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Question from an old noob

Hey guys just a quick question, this seemed like the best place to put it.

I used to play on p99 blue a few years back and came back for the anniversary weekend, started new toon and gave it what I could from my mid 30s Mage that hadn't been played since some time in 2012. Well, you all know what a mess this weekend was for some people with bard swarm kiting and similar things but what got me most is that I couldn't find a place where I wasn't competing with very twinked out characters for mobs/xp.
I've got no hate for twinks, if you want an alt and you've got 50k+ in the bank to buy nice gear to level quickly more power to you. It just isn't that fun when you're sitting at ramp in FoB and the other 3 level 5 toons have a combined 100k+ gear on them, just mashing through mobs.

My question is how does p1999 red compare with blue on this? I know its a newer server and I started on Tallon Zek back in 2000-2001 on live and enjoyed my time there. I know a new server with a blank slate for all players just isn't going to happen any time soon and I don't want one of the current servers to be wiped so newer people can get a fresh start with the community, the long time players have earned their possessions.

Thanks in advance for any replies on this, from what I can see on the forum here p1999 red looks like it may be the best choice for what I'm looking for.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Banned

Log in. Send a thunderdome member a tell for a guild invite. Meet other new people like yourself.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:32 AM
Orc

I just started on P99 almost a month ago. The first 2 weeks I got a monk up to lvl 28 but my main reason to start playing was to play with a good friend of mine. He doesn't have as much time to play so lvls were coming in very slow on blue server. After 3 weeks, he was lvl 6 and I was 28. Before double exp weekend, we decided to try out the red server. I'm absolutely glad we did because it's been a lot of fun so far. We both made Ikars, monk for me and shaman for him and we're up to lvl 27 with less than a week played so far.

FoB is pretty empty on red server so you won't see many twinks also. On our shaman and monk duo, we haven't encountered any twinks but on my cleric I've only encountered one and that was last night.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Banned

i really tried to read the OP, couldnt get past the 3rd sentence, try to sum it up some more.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Red gameplay is definitely more classic in terms of gameplay ^^ There are far fewer twinks and while the economy is less inflated it is more difficult to out gear yourself do to leveling speed and general market activity (or lack thereof). There is a massive xp bonus on red, which while not classic is a boon to casual players. You can sit back and slowly work your way through content while advancing at a reasonable rate. I've been on red about two months and am mid-50s as reference.

Keep in mind though, red is a pvp server. If pvp bothers you, you are going to have a bad time. Rather than allowing that to dissuade your conversion though, I would suggest reevaluating your thoughts on pvp ^^ Take it for what it is and accept it can and will happen at anytime (although not all too often, only been in a dozen or so skirmishes so far)

You will be randomly attacked for no reason at all and as a naked newb you won't be able to put up much if a fight. True griefers are few and far between though and I made it to mid 20s before even encountering pvp ^^ and I actually had a blast when it did happen. Feel free to ask adversaries for pointers. Make friends and travel in groups and if you get caught off guard and dusted, see what you can learn from the situation. Most importantly, don't complain ^^. It's a pvp server after all.

Definitely join TD though! It's a great group and you'll have peeps to level with at all ranges ^^ welcome to red!
Old 10-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Didn't read any of this. I will be logging into my multiple fungi thinks all sub 30 tonight looking for new players to Shaaa lack.
Closed Thread