traveling the world on the taxpayer's dime

found p99 --> more video games

Life is good ...
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMcKracken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Born

I just don't want to be another number

I always have to puff a gang of weed from going under

Federales want to see me dead

All these *****s put prices on my head

Now I got two Rottweilers by my bed, I feed them some lead

Now I'm released, how will I live?

Will God forgive me for all the dirt a ***** like me did, just to feed kids?

One life to live, it's so hard to be positive

Then picture me rolling.....
Top quality post
Old 02-28-2016, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will share a little more as it relates to my MMORPG background and gaming in general.

I will start by saying that I love video games, and I have my entire life besides a few dark years in my mid 20's.

My first memory of gaming is from Albertsons grocery store with my mom in the late 80’s or very early 90’s. They were selling Nintendo’s behind the counter at the video TAPE rental area for $100. My mom bought me one and I had 3 games – Mario, Duck Hunt, and Zelda. Honestly I don’t think there were many more games than this at the time we bought the thing. We got Donkey Kong and Top Gun fairly early on as well, but I think I those were for my dad as a father’s day “present” a couple months after? Anyways, this is where my love for RPGs comes from. Zelda was my favorite game and probably still is if I’m being honest. I play it on emulator to this day during down time on EQ and when im burned out on everything else.

Anyways, fast forward to SNES – I fell in love with the Breath of Fire series. I still replay the BoF 1 and 2. What took me 50 hours back in the day takes like 4-5 hours now because of the fast forward feature of emulators.

I also will forever remember the blood code for the saga Mortal Combat – ABACABB – When I was little and before the internet (I know right!) me and my friend were playing MK1 and his mom ordered us a pizza from Pizza Hut, the pizza man heard the music and asked her if we were playing MK1, so my friend David’s mom let him come in and he showed us the blood code. Was like the most magical thing we had ever discovered.

Fast forward again and N64 is coming out – and of course Zelda Ocarina of Time came out and completely blew me away. I was convinced no game would ever be able to come close to its glory.

Fast forward again to the mid/late 90’s and my friend David (same one as the blood code story) got a computer!!! His dad had one we used to play doom and wolfenstein on, but this one had windows – and guess what! His parents had AoL dial up!!!

He started Playing Ultima Online and I spent an entire summer going down to his house everyday watching him play and begging my parents to get internet/computer so I could play. Finally the glorious day comes when I am up and running on UO. I immediately start mining ingots and selling them in great brit so that I can become rich. UO was a magical time in gaming for me, nothing will ever be able to replace it, not even EQ.

UO is at its peak, but all over the internet there is a buzz about some game called Everquest. Its supposed to have 3D graphics and actual classes and levels. My dad already thought I spent too much time on UO but I convince him to get me EQ. Compleetly blown away. I don’t think I ever had a character even near max level during classic, and 54 was the highest I got my monk during Kunark/Velious. I came back every now and then but I was an extreme alt-a-holic.

I am pretty much hooked on MMOs now – I go from EQ to Dark Age of Camelot – DaoC to WoW – Played WoW for years and then when I burned out just stopped playing MMORPGs and went back to single player games that were not so time consuming. I was in my 20 so drinking and partying became priority #1…and school sometimes =P

Now I am 31 – Have a good job – my 24 year old brother just had a kid so I am an uncle – and P99 has been the only thing that has been able to bring me back to gaming. I play D3 and EQ pretty much exclusively now.
I'm 31. Crazy: your history with gaming is so similar to mine (With the exception of Zelda).

Blue: Dolic - 60 Bard / Dolik- 60 Monk / Mazzarin - 60 Wizard / Fael 60 Necro / Kaylen - 60 Paladin
Old 02-28-2016, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like I missed out by not playing DAoC. I've heard that game was apex level pvp fun back in the day. I did EQ then Shadowbane, and that game was a goddamn disaster.
DAoC was in a league if it's own... still the best pvp game of all time.

Closed Thread