Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, I'd put CT at the hardest while level-appropriate with the way it is, but that's not because of mobs or actual dungeon design. Just shitty wall healers.

As far as actual design, Kaesora and Dalnir have to be at the top of the list.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live, when Kunark came out, I think there was 2 weeks or maybe more where your HS or Seb key was NOT soulbound (soulbinding didn't exist).
I remember this. We needed 2 keys and had to duel outside before going in.

Also at that time, /duel result messages were server wide so you always knew when a group was going into Seb or HS.

Just imagine if they didn't soulbind the keys before VP was opened!
Old 06-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There has only been one dungeon that I've wiped in more times than I had a successful run. That's the crypt of dalnir so that has my vote.
Great place to camp the entrance though! Also agree with Dalnir being hardest dungeon in game on contest. From the 1 way drops, to the mixture of undeads, and a 6 minute repop. Don't even have to get to the part about how the end boss has a proc that kills a 60 easily. The place is rough and awesome for it.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Najena is on my list.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestovv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HS
[*]Many enemies here see .... even sneak hide (the latter being very rare anywhere in the game)[/LIST]

eh? I've never been seen in HS and I've done a lot of corpse retrievals in there. Nothing in zone sees through rogue hide to my knowledge.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

The goos are supposed to see rogue hide. Never played a rogue on P99 myself though.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Banned

In appropriate era gear and level just from personal experiences

Sol a
Siren's Grotto
Dalnir
Old 06-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Dalnir seems to be getting a lot of nominations. I happen to have a level 35 Paladin I haven't played in awhile. Anyone with a low-mid 30s toon down to try a Dalnir dungeon crawl sometime this weekend?
Old 06-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If hardest means impossible to play in... I'd go with CT. Out of LoS heals make that zone pure hell.
There is a trick to avoiding heals through walls, I had to learn it when soloing / grouping in the Hole (They complete heal through walls there).

It appears changes to Z-Axis effect wall heal range significantly. For instance, when in doubt, I always fight on the middle of a staircase. If you get a certain distance up or down the staircase, healers can be very close outside and not do a thing. I have never seen a mob heal through floors or ceilings either, even when fighting directly above or below a healer.

There are definitely safe spots where you can fight mobs, just have to learn the zone (can be a pain, but part of the fun of EQ is learning the intricacies of each dungeon IMO).

I don't per se know CT, but I'm sure there are areas where you can fight to your benefit and avoid heals.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The goos are supposed to see rogue hide. Never played a rogue on P99 myself though.
The goos in South definitely have seen through a rogue's H/S in our group before. Can't say for sure all of them, but I'm guessing there is at least a chance they can. Not sure about East, never done that wing.
Closed Thread