Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only there wasn’t an rnf muzzle on these guilds then you’d really be able to get the pop corn ready.
There is no RNF muzzle over here. I'm happy for CSG, though a little surprised that it sounds like they had the zone to themselves. I'm not sure what other guilds were up to. I hope they got some mobs as well.

Crawling NToV is fun when you aren't being trained by other guilds, though I would never want to crawl NToV for an individual mob, every spawn.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
many of the so-called casuals put in just as much playtime as do the hardcore raiders if not more. The only difference is the activities the players partake while logged in the game. I know some AW/AM players who are logged in far less tha some of the "casuals" I know.
I don't think most non-raiders realize that P99 isn't about "hardcore people raid more" vs "casuals raid less" like other games like WoW. If anything, warm bodies in A/A play much less than CSG members overall.

The point is, EQ content isn't that difficult if you have the people, even with Luclin mobs roaming around NToV. P99 just turned it into a ridiculous game of fighting other players who get off on griefing and trolling just to engage a mob that is otherwise easy to kill... and then it devolved into not even playing the game just to zone pull and "win". It's all ridiculous, and without that wall in the way people can actually come in and play and enjoy a raid zone for once.

Crawling again right now to reclear north end of zone, up to 78 people.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no RNF muzzle over here. I'm happy for CSG, though a little surprised that it sounds like they had the zone to themselves. I'm not sure what other guilds were up to. I hope they got some mobs as well.

Crawling NToV is fun when you aren't being trained by other guilds, though I would never want to crawl NToV for an individual mob, every spawn.
If I'm not mistaken we basically reached an agreement where we let other guilds have WToV, Dain, and some other mobs, and they wouldn't really go after most NToV mobs (I think PS did Ikiatar). This meant we could let the spawns bunch up and then do them during our prime times.

I much prefer this over the idea of 3am batphones, tracking mobs for 16 hour spawn windows, etc etc. Reminds me more of how it was on my server on live.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Hot damn, Lhance wrote something insightful for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Suspended players venting because they are going through pixel withdrawals, being unnecessarily angry and taking it out on "casuals" who posted their fun in NTOV.

***This is bullshit because being bitter that you can't raid shouldn't mean you have to tear down those who are able to raid. This is extremely childish.
Yeah, maybe there is some passive aggressiveness coming out. It really comes down to being suspended for reasons that were altogether pretty mild.
  • Awakened's first (recent) suspension was due to vulak being trained on AM when the mob was barely out of camp after the wipe and brought back on accident zoning in. It wasn't their FTE so they couldn't kill it even though they were actively trying to get a fresh FTE.
  • Awakened's current suspension training their mages and not helping them recover is really cringy if you see the video. In all honesty we messed up and deserve to be dinged for this one. Nothing malicious however, just one guy being dumb. We are responsible for the people we run out there, however, so..
  • Aftermath's current suspension is pretty weak IMO. Using a pull method that is technically against the rules but has been the de-facto method out of simple convince. The fact that Vyemm was conceded means nothing to me if they are not interfering with our ability to kill Vyemm. I guess AW must have petitioned to get them suspended I don't know.

All this to say that the current batch of suspensions is pretty weak. People calling for increased punishments for repeat offenders is either uninformed or trolling.

Quote:
2. "Casuals" claiming they have real lives, their guild tag proves so because it calls itself casual and those who raid in AM/AW all have no lives and do nothing but raid dragon pixels.

***This is bullshit because many of the so-called casuals put in just as much playtime as do the hardcore raiders if not more. The only difference is the activities the players partake while logged in the game. I know some AW/AM players who are logged in far less tha some of the "casuals" I know.
Man this is the truth. Raiding plane of sky, kunark dragons, or whatever, for years on end is really not that different than ToV for your average player.

Quote:
3. AM/AW members claiming that "casuals" can't raid dragons because they don't put the work in to accomplish such a feat.

***This is bullshit because the groundwork and domination that AW/AM have atm was cemented long ago under the tags of other guilds with many of the same players who controlled the raid scene years ago. Most of the present members never put in any "work" they simply got invited to the gravy train raid guild and now are enjoying the pixels that rain down.
Yep, we're standing on the shoulders of those who came before us who built up a mage army and condensed all the encounters down to a science. I've been in AW about 6-7 months now and about half the players are different than when I started. Sure there is still the core group that has been around a long time, but for the most part it's easy to hop on the gravy train. Sure things have come along that change the meta but we had time to adjust to these changes slowly over time. It's not that hard, come get pixles for 1/5 the effort it takes in another guild.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

CSG only took Yeli because other guilds couldn't quite down him, but PS had some absurdly good runs with a small force and almost finished him, and took down a bunch of other mobs as well. Guilds such as BG got a lot of classic and Kunark content down.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Did CSG stricly adhere to raid rules regarding FTE lockouts, accidental FTEs, kiting?
Old 11-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

I keep hearing about hardcore guild members complaining in this thread but I didn't actually see anything like that when I read it. Oh well. Grats casuals!
Old 11-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep hearing about hardcore guild members complaining in this thread but I didn't actually see anything like that when I read it. Oh well. Grats casuals!
OMG could you be anymore obvious in your complaining over casuals getting the pixels while your guild is on suspension?
Old 11-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you are being trained, those other guilds get suspended, no?

Regardless, if you enjoy a crawl then you are in a powerful position to change this. I would propose setting 1 month or possible 2 separate months of the year aside for a NToV crawl that is rotated. 4 total crawl slots, obviously AM and Awakened each get a crawl slot, maybe the other 2 slots are /randomed by guilds / alliances or even just 'open server' crawls with /random rules (No guilds awarded crawl slots can roll during open crawl).

WToV and Doze are still normal raiding targets. Each guild is given 48hrs to clear all raid targets in NToV, after which they become FFA. Any zone-line / borderline zone pulls forfeit your slot and all targets become FFA.

Odds are open crawls won't drop Vulak (just my guess) due to noob raider issues, even some of the harder mobs. So A/A still could get a shot at those.

Can let your folks recharge batteries and level alts or whatever, other world targets still on the table.

Would you and Detoxx endorse this?
Old 11-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All this to say that the current batch of suspensions is pretty weak. People calling for increased punishments for repeat offenders is either uninformed or trolling.

Are you not aware this is like the 50th suspension for AM? Poster simply out of touch? Unaware of past events?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread