Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptyde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have zero sympathy. None.

Chanter is still a very viable class. Still a very useful asset to a group and hey, they dont bring a 40 % xp penalty along with them. Charm is a very powerful tool and should have its downsides.
That's one point of view. Let me express another. I leveled up an enchanter, experienced one ruleset for many months. And now those rules have changed, and with them, I've lost the thing I enjoyed most about playing the class I invested in. At some point doesn't it become rasonable for a player to say "okay, I understand how this works" and given how the rules work, "I enjoy my class."

You can say enchanter charm needed a nerf; perhaps it did. And perhaps this nerf went too far. Both these points seem reasonable.

My point is, at this point a reasonable person can say, hey, I invested hundreds of hours into one character because of rules that had been in place for years, and now you've taken a lot of the fun of my class out. Why? Does the amount of schadenfraud that enchanter haters have gotten outweigh the feelings of people playing the class?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's one point of view. Let me express another. I leveled up an enchanter, experienced one ruleset for many months. And now those rules have changed, and with them, I've lost the thing I enjoyed most about playing the class I invested in. At some point doesn't it become rasonable for a player to say "okay, I understand how this works" and given how the rules work, "I enjoy my class."

You can say enchanter charm needed a nerf; perhaps it did. And perhaps this nerf went too far. Both these points seem reasonable.

My point is, at this point a reasonable person can say, hey, I invested hundreds of hours into one character because of rules that had been in place for years, and now you've taken a lot of the fun of my class out. Why? Does the amount of schadenfraud that enchanter haters have gotten outweigh the feelings of people playing the class?
Firstly, they're just following the live pattern of changes from the time period. You got a problem with it? Take it up with Sony 10 years ago.

Second, EQ was never meant to be a solo game, and Charm wasn't meant to be a group utility, so quit your bitching.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Kobold

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/90145-post124.html

proof enough?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Firstly, they're just following the live pattern of changes from the time period. You got a problem with it? Take it up with Sony 10 years ago.

Second, EQ was never meant to be a solo game, and Charm wasn't meant to be a group utility, so quit your bitching.
So I'm not supposed to use charm solo, and I'm not supposed to use charm grouped.

Sounds great.

Get out of our thread.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Large Rat

Well i played a Chanter on live back in the kunark era and I hardly ever used it, as it was so unreliable....Certainly too unreliable for soloing...I'd be lucky if charm would last one fight...on occasions it might last two.

I mainly used it as a crowd control tool in groups.....Chanters could never really solo that well back in the day and it sounds to me like they have inadvertently had a 'I WIN' button on p99 and have gotten a little too used to it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm not supposed to use charm solo, and I'm not supposed to use charm grouped.

Sounds great.

Get out of our thread.
For most people, yea that is the case. Everyone and their mother thinks they are capable of successfully fighting stuff with a charmed pet, then the pet breaks and all hell breaks loose.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Orc

Stop bitchin and compensate! Have the cleric in your group stun on charm break maybe? Or a necro can screaming terror your pet while you re-tash/malo (if available). Soloing is probably outta the question unless your a rune whore. I myself have found if the enchanter charms a mob a few levels lower, charm works great in a group of skilled players. I'm a cleric though, wtf do i know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They finally got around to making Enchanters more like classic. A month or two ago it was Druids. Don't think you're alone.

The mission of this server to is to follow the classic timeline. If they are just now finding out how to fix things they wanted to fix a year ago, then so be it.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow*qc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Charm Line
In the high level zones, the PoP spell lineup (lvl 61+) given to chanters is extremely powerful for charm soloing. The key spells being Arcane Rune, Word of Morrell, and our new Charms. The selection in the lower level spells for charming are a little more limited, but still effective.

It is important to be aware of the casting time, your level limits, and in special cases the duration, of the Charm spell being used. From the following list you should be able to find the charm spell currently in your range and select the appropriate one for the level of mobs that you will be charming:

Charm (Up to Level 12) - *Brainwashing 101*
Casting Time: 2.4 Seconds
Duration: 4.6 min (@ Level 12) to 20.5 min (@ Level 65)

Beguile (Up to Level 37) - *Look into my eyes…*
Casting Time: 3.5 Seconds
Duration: 8.2 min (@ Level 24) to 20.5 min (@ Level 65)

Cajoling Whispers (Up to Level 45) - *That was just what we call pillow talk baby*
Casting Time: 5.5 Seconds
Duration: 12.7 min (@ Level 39) to 20.5 min (@ Level 65)

Allure (Up to Level 51) - *Oooo sparkly..*
Casting Time: 6 Seconds
Duration: 15.7 min (@ Level 49) to 20.5 min (@ Level 65)

Boltarn's Agacerie (Up to Level 53) - *Lemme buy you a drink and try some of Boltran's pickup lines*
Casting Time: 4 Seconds
Duration: 6.3 min (@ Level 53) to 7.5 min (@ Level 65)

Dictate (Up to Level 58) - *48 Seconds on the Soapbox remaining before the rotten tomatoes incoming*
Duration: 48 Seconds Fixed

Beckon (Up to Level 57) - *Mmmmmm Duff beer..*
Duration: 7.2 min (@ Level 62) to 7.5 min (@ Level 65)

Command of Druzzil (Up to Level 63) - *”Get in the kitchen and make me some PIE!"*
Duration: 7.4 min (@ Level 64) to 7.5 min (@ Level 65)

thats some information from live servers enchanter guide website The rune
This brought a hearty laugh.... Get in the kitchen and make me some PIE! hahah
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow*qc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Charm Line
In the high level zones, the PoP spell lineup (lvl 61+) given to chanters is extremely powerful for charm soloing. The key spells being Arcane Rune, Word of Morrell, and our new Charms. The selection in the lower level spells for charming are a little more limited, but still effective.

It is important to be aware of the casting time, your level limits, and in special cases the duration, of the Charm spell being used. From the following list you should be able to find the charm spell currently in your range and select the appropriate one for the level of mobs that you will be charming:

Charm (Up to Level 12) - *Brainwashing 101*
Duration: 4.6 min (@ Level 12) to 20.5 min (@ Level 65)

Beguile (Up to Level 37) - *Look into my eyes…*
Casting Time: 3.5 Seconds
Duration: 8.2 min (@ Level 24) to 20.5 min (@ Level 65)

Cajoling Whispers (Up to Level 45) - *That was just what we call pillow talk baby*
Casting Time: 5.5 Seconds
Duration: 12.7 min (@ Level 39) to 20.5 min (@ Level 65)

Allure (Up to Level 51) - *Oooo sparkly..*
Casting Time: 6 Seconds
Duration: 15.7 min (@ Level 49) to 20.5 min (@ Level 65)

Boltarn's Agacerie (Up to Level 53) - *Lemme buy you a drink and try some of Boltran's pickup lines*
Casting Time: 4 Seconds
Duration: 6.3 min (@ Level 53) to 7.5 min (@ Level 65)

Dictate (Up to Level 58) - *48 Seconds on the Soapbox remaining before the rotten tomatoes incoming*
Duration: 48 Seconds Fixed

Beckon (Up to Level 57) - *Mmmmmm Duff beer..*
Duration: 7.2 min (@ Level 62) to 7.5 min (@ Level 65)

Command of Druzzil (Up to Level 63) - *”Get in the kitchen and make me some PIE!"*
Duration: 7.4 min (@ Level 64) to 7.5 min (@ Level 65)

thats some information from live servers enchanter guide website The rune
thanks for the PoP line up =P

chanters are working as intended, welcome to classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread