Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frudrura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think most people are just bad and as it is, 99% of seb groups wipe uncontrollably when if they just had like a little bit of sense and foresight, every single wipe could be avoided.

You just have to make friends and find people to regularly group with but that can be tough since again most people are bad and I am guessing they just feel they don't have the time to "learn" anything new or a different way of doing things. For example, using root to CC lol.
Just reminds me of KC when someone will decide to pull the fully spawned hands room or all bodyguards to LCY when the group is half health and the enchanter hasn't confirmed he's at the keyboard.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just reminds me of KC when someone will decide to pull the fully spawned hands room or all bodyguards to LCY when the group is half health and the enchanter hasn't confirmed he's at the keyboard.
Just let the guy kite around ramparts and tag the mobs 1 by 1. Theres no reason to die in a zone where you can sow and levitate and where only like 5 mobs in the entire zone summon. Now if the puller brings that in and stands there waiting for CC that's another story [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-30-2018, 02:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CC, pet, haste, clarity, slow...

Listen, I'm not hating on necros, they hugely underappreciated by most people, but a chanter probably enhances a group more than any other class.
I’ve only grouped with a hand full (and I mean that quite literally) of necros that played the class to their full potential. Chanters are much easier and more beneficial by doing the bare minimum. A truly good necro is very rare and therefore not surprising they aren’t getting groups.

Play better.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:15 AM
Fire Giant

Sure necros are geat, and can do a bit of all in a group situation if the player plays the shit out of it to its fullest Even then it's only as good as a chanter who does the bare minimum - charm, cc, and buff.

Why should I bet that the next necro LFG will play its fullest? Any chanter who can do just the minimum is just as good or better.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure necros are geat, and can do a bit of all in a group situation if the player plays the shit out of it to its fullest Even then it's only as good as a chanter who does the bare minimum - charm, cc, and buff.

Why should I bet that the next necro LFG will play its fullest? Any chanter who can do just the minimum is just as good or better.
Why just compare necro to enchanter? Sure there’s overlap but they also overlap with priests and ... wait for it ... dps classes. Even this crappy and lazy approach requires no real skill or use of the extensive necro toolkit.

With minimal effort a necro will out-perform most dps classes with a properly buffed and positioned pet and some lazily tossed lifetap nukes. This assumes the necro sends pet in early and isn’t afk wanking it ... but this holds true for any dps class.

Mage and necro pet dps is severely under-appreciated on this server. I parse all groups I’m in and level appropriate max summon pets for both classes will, by themselves, competitively (on par with, just below, and frequently above) hang with melee classes with the exception of super-twinked out alts with velious raid weapons.

These are summoned pets mind you. In a place where necros can charm, the only class that competes is a charming enchanter. Enchanters, however, can manage charm with a greater degree of control and safety.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-30-2018, 05:56 PM
Banned

Bleh chanters are situational.

Necros are versatile. No matter and can always carry their own weight.

I've met plenty of shite chanters not worth the breeze between their asscheeks now that this is a necro vs enchanter thread.

Necros need less support from a solid healer and good gear to really shine as well.

Can't tell you how many enchanters I carried with my cleric and druid characters while the little pratts took credit for everything.

Tbh if enchanters where deleted. The game would be better, more interesting, and more reliant on real skill instead of a buncha gay pause buttons.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bleh chanters are situational.

Necros are versatile. No matter and can always carry their own weight.

I've met plenty of shite chanters not worth the breeze between their asscheeks now that this is a necro vs enchanter thread.

Necros need less support from a solid healer and good gear to really shine as well.

Can't tell you how many enchanters I carried with my cleric and druid characters while the little pratts took credit for everything.

Tbh if enchanters where deleted. The game would be better, more interesting, and more reliant on real skill instead of a buncha gay pause buttons.
Pause buttons attracted, sexually, to pause buttons of the same sex. This sexuality stuff is getting out of hand guys.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:26 AM
Banned

Lots of rustled necros here that can’t hack it as an enchanter. Stay mad
Old 12-31-2018, 03:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros have pause buttons too, but I think the devs gave enchanters too much utility in comparison to other classes.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why just compare necro to enchanter? Sure there’s overlap but they also overlap with priests and ... wait for it ... dps classes. Even this crappy and lazy approach requires no real skill or use of the extensive necro toolkit.

With minimal effort a necro will out-perform most dps classes with a properly buffed and positioned pet and some lazily tossed lifetap nukes. This assumes the necro sends pet in early and isn’t afk wanking it ... but this holds true for any dps class.

Mage and necro pet dps is severely under-appreciated on this server. I parse all groups I’m in and level appropriate max summon pets for both classes will, by themselves, competitively (on par with, just below, and frequently above) hang with melee classes with the exception of super-twinked out alts with velious raid weapons.

These are summoned pets mind you. In a place where necros can charm, the only class that competes is a charming enchanter. Enchanters, however, can manage charm with a greater degree of control and safety.
when ur saying necro is good when its played to its fullest, the same goes to every class. when every class is played to its fullest, necro is no where near the top.
Closed Thread